Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-16-2004, 04:14 AM   #111
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Re: Not Even the Same Category

But is that rude Yamaha service counter woman good looking?

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-16-2004, 04:23 AM   #112
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Re: Walther p99

>The irony is that in States where concealed

>carry is easily issued you don't often need

>one!

Well, you don't need one in Europe either (maybe in Balkans). Its basic maths: nobody has guns => nobody gets shot.

I know you guys love your armour but I feel much safer if all kinds of people are not carrying a gun, concealed or not. I live in Brazil now (soon moving to Buenos Aires though) and this place would be 100 times safer if there were no guns around.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 04:19 AM   #113
EricZZR
Registered Member

Default Re: 2005 BMW K1200S

Seems to me that this is just a German clone of the Honda CBR1100XX......but probably not as fast or as smooth and sophisticated.
EricZZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 06:02 AM   #114
SRMark
Founding Member

Default Re: Walther p99

Half the fun here in the states is that you can. With much freedom comes great responsibility. We just have tended to not uphold the last part of that equation lately. Everyone has an excuse for bad behavior and we do a poor job of affixing blame.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 08:27 AM   #115
draffety
Registered Member

Default Re: Yossef's finest hour

Thing is though... I don't think it is intended to compete with Japan. How could it? Certainly not on a price basis. Who else makes a bike like this? Shaft drive, ABS, 170mph...

This thing is like an UBER sport-tourer...

This one, like most BMW bikes, it is just enough different to be in a class by itself. Whether you like it or not is up to you.

Cheers!
draffety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 05:09 AM   #116
rhust
Founding Member

515# dry weight?! 50# of that must be in that beautifully and completely over-engineered front-end. Too bad they didn't direct their engineering energy to something like curing cancer - they might have succeeded if that front-end linkage is any evidence. Sure it gets the frame lower, but at what cost/weight? Besides - only those that can afford this thing are going to be able to afford the maintenance on it. Maybe it's the pre-cursor to a shaft driven front end. What's next - CV joints?
rhust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 06:12 PM   #117
Anastasey
Founding Member

Some of you guys are just UJM idiots!! GO see the bike and then tell me what ya think
Anastasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 12:35 PM   #118
GregGorman
Founding Member

I really didn't like BMWs. They just looked too funny. Then I got a chance to ride the K12S for 3 days.

Servo-Assisted ABS brakes? Love 'em. No more thoughts about full power braking. Just squeeze with one finger for maximum braking power. Wonderful.

That front end is fantastic. Once you stop trying to use dive and chassis pitch to determine what the front end is doing, you begin to really feel the front end is doing and the feedback is great.

It handles way better than it should. It goes from knee to knee as quickly and easily as the '98 ZX-9R I raced to an amateur championship and it's only slightly more effort than the '01 GSXR-1000 I endurance raced.

This bike is truly different in a great way. On a twisty road, it fully has the potential to leave behind a Hayabusa or a ZX-12.

For high performance street riding there is no better bike.

I don't apologize for being a walking advertisement - the bike is that good.

Greg Gorman

www.gormanonline.com

Old 07-05-2005, 11:10 PM   #119
BimotaRich
Founding Member

Love the performance but not the looks... felt the opposite about the BMW GT... oh well you cant have everything... and since the new Beemer doesnt please my sense of aestetics I have saved myself some cash... did I mention that the damned bike costs more than many cars! I will keep riding my faithful Triumph Daytona 1200 until Bimota puts a back seat onto the Tesi so that it can please my better half.