Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-09-2004, 11:19 AM   #81
Nplateau
Founding Member

Default Re: 2005 Hondas

How retarded is this censorship thing when you aren't even allowed to use a word such as modi*****?
Nplateau is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-09-2004, 11:22 AM   #82
sarnali
Founding Member

I think they're pretty much required in Kent and Auburn, after you get rid of the mullet and grow a goatee.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 11:23 AM   #83
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

One more thing- surprise, surprise, for the fourth year in a row MCN predicted a Blackbird replacement and.... it didn't happen. I wish they would just shut up about that mythical project and move on to something else. It's never going to happen, no matter how bad MCN wants it to.

Old 09-09-2004, 11:32 AM   #84
Nplateau
Founding Member

Kpaul, bro, I'm going to say I have to disagree with you on the graphics thing. It's a subjective matter, for sure, but I appreciate colorful paint schemes and racy graphics. Then again, I'm the artsy type. As for the RC-51, I hope you are being sarcastic about it being an obsolete v-twin. It's still a kick ass engine and a kick ass bike with more performance than you or I could come close to using. Good luck at Freddy Spencer's, I look forward to hearing your thoughts on your experience there.
Nplateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 11:35 AM   #85
ewok1
Founding Member

Default pardon me

i wasn't scoffing. that's a beauty idea. plus you have the goods. i'm just not sure i could do it and i was serious about the racebikes they always end up looking like that.
ewok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 11:42 AM   #86
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: Yuck

"I wonder if Honda does any market surveys or interview potential customers."

I think you hit on the problem right there. They have the resources to blow everyone else into the weeds if they could figure out how to make new products that people actually want. Instead they seem content to either copy Yamaha's ideas (CRF line =4-stroke YZs), Ruckus =Zuma), CRF-X =WRs, flame-painted sportbikes), or Kawasaki's (CBR1100XX=ZX-11) or just build crap that no one wants to buy (Rune) and throw huge rebates and advertising dollars at them to get big market share. What happened to the innovation and fresh thinking that brought about the CB750, the Interceptor, and the Goldwing? Did they forget how to expand in new directions? Did all those people defect to the other manufacturers that every year make Honda look like a group of chicken****s, afraid to make products that aren't already proven ideas from other companies? Come on Honda, get your ***** together!
Old 09-09-2004, 11:50 AM   #87
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: pardon me

I think he accused me of scoffing. I wasn't. Beating the crap out of your bike is a great way to keep it from being stolen.

I did have a total rat '81KZ750 that I rode around for 6 years, between '89 and '95, and put 50K on. I never polished it or even washed it, except when the oil caked on too much. I parked it anywhere without locking it and without a care. Who would steal such a thing? Park next to a Harley. What, me worry?

Protect your investment! Dent and scratch the crap out of it! People who buy those "custom" Choppers, Runes and such should all do this! This idea would work great on Buz's BMW sedan, too.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:53 AM   #88
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Surrealism lives!

Honda is artsy too. So is BMW. These companies have obviously used Salvador Dali's work as their inspiration for the Rune and the 1200C.

Or maybe it was Timothy Leary's work.

Or maybe Dadaism is a better comparison.

Never mind.
Old 09-09-2004, 12:05 PM   #89
ChicagoCruiser
Founding Member

Smart women want American Steel!
Old 09-09-2004, 12:10 PM   #90
ChicagoCruiser
Founding Member

Rukus would make a terrific anchor for my 36 foot Bayliner! Or perhaps it got is name after falling out of the Honda transport vehicle on the 405 at 65mph. I know! We'll call it a RUKUS! aaahahahhhhsssoooooo