Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-09-2004, 06:08 AM   #21
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: 2005 Hondas

Maybe, but $5K for a Ruckus?? Really. I've been thinking about getting a new trail bike for years but at over $3K for even an XT225 I think I'll be sticking with my trusty ol' IT175 for a while. It's faster anyhow. And no valve adjustments!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-09-2004, 06:12 AM   #22
ShawnVegas
Founding Member

Default Re: 600rr

Huh? "Unit Pro-Link HMAS single shock with spring-preload, rebound- and compression-damping adjustability; 5.1-inch travel"
ShawnVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 06:24 AM   #23
ChicagoCruiser
Founding Member

Default Completely underwhelming

Really boring stuff.....Rukus reminds me of an old Cushman scooter. Why Honda - Why?
Old 09-09-2004, 06:29 AM   #24
pplassm
Founding Member

To tell the truth, I wouldn't sell an IT175 if I still had one.
Old 09-09-2004, 06:39 AM   #25
seruzawa
The Toad

The IT doesn't get enough range for exploring Canyonlands, my favorite Park. The White Rim Trail is over 100 miles end to end, for example. That's where the 4 stroke offroaders excel. I'd still keep the IT though. It's too much fun.
Old 09-09-2004, 06:41 AM   #26
Grundoon
Registered Member

It would certainly make the choice tougher, and make the dealer locality (everything except Honda and Yamaha are 2+ hours away) a bigger consideration. Truth is, none of the offerings from the big 4 really stir my soul as much as, say a Speed Triple or a Cafe Sport. They just seem a little too sanitized for my protection. . . .
Old 09-09-2004, 07:04 AM   #27
kowalke67
Founding Member

I do like the CRF450X. But at 455lbs I can't say it will be lighter than ANY other 4-stroke enduro (or even any 600cc sport bikes for that matter). 255 is light for the 450 enduro's but I think only on par with the competition that's in the same price range.

Alright, alright I know it was just a typo but it was sure in a pretty funny context!

I can't wait to see the bike reviews on this big trailie. Price is pretty steep. I went with a drz400s because of good reviews, price, and it's street legalness. I have to say I'm not liking the extra pounds (305lbs w he new skid plate, arrgghh!) but I still have a blast on it.

If I ever move out of this concrete jungle somewhere close to the trails I'd step on puppies to get hold of a bike like this CRF450X.

(oh, and let's hope purple mx pants NEVER come back in style, if they ever really were in style...)
Old 09-09-2004, 07:07 AM   #28
allbikesbiker
Registered Member

so I guess the dealer was mistaken when they said that the '04 Nicky Hayden RC51 was the LAST year of the RC.

Well, at least they changed the colors of the RC51.

too bad though, I put a deposit on a '05 999.

maybe next year Honda.
allbikesbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 07:09 AM   #29
johnnyb
Founding Member

Wow, i've already got a nick hayden painted Arai. If i could squeeze into leathers and get one them Rossi replicas I could crooze around like a complete *****! that paint makes it look even fatter than it is.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 07:16 AM   #30
F451
Founding Member

Default Purple Motocross Pants & Duct Tape

Sean,

Purple motocross pants are back in style and you're the trendsetter! I am looking forward to former MO employee exBass (formerly eBass) modeling the new purple pant lineup.

Honda's entire cruiser division needs to be a victim of "work force reduction"; all remaining cruiser inventory sent to the crusher; the Concept VTX 1800 put into production.

Tribal flames need to be banned, except for hokey motorcycle B rated movies.

The Big Honda Ruckus need a good duct taping.
F451 is offline   Reply With Quote