Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-09-2004, 05:17 AM   #11
christian_gates
Founding Member

Default Re: 2005 Hondas

Hmmm...it looks like I bought my 1000RR one year too soon. That Repsol replica paint scheme is absolutely spectacular. Wow.

cdg
christian_gates is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-09-2004, 05:18 AM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

Good job, Honda. The Ruckus is as much as a GS500F or an EX500. The CBR600 is as much as a Speed Triple. And you get to "customize" a VTX. (I can't tell the difference between any of the "customs". And the Warrior still looks much better.) Oh, yeah, and the VFR is much more than a SprintRS or in the same ballpark as a ZZR1200. What an attractive lineup. [/sarcasm off].

At least they haven't saddled us with another Rune type of offering. Unless you consider the Ruckus an Anti-Rune. A company with all the resources of Honda should do better than this. Maybe they need to put someone in charge who is actually a motorcycle enthusiast instead of a committee of MBAs.

Dang, I didn't mean to come off so sour. Time for coffee.
Old 09-09-2004, 05:19 AM   #13
Grundoon
Registered Member

Yep, all we get is Yet Another Big V-Twin Cruiser (YABVTC), 'cuz they know that's what everyone wants to ride!

They just make it easier to narrow my choices for a new ride to Triumph or Moto Guzzi. . . .
Old 09-09-2004, 05:33 AM   #14
nickrab
Founding Member

Blech.

Frickin boring. If I was into 600 SS bikes or big freakin cruisers I guess I might be happier. I normally like Honda products, a lot, but this is not leaving me salivating over next summer's purchase.

Oh, just sold my bike this morning, no ride for a while. Quite sad.
nickrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 05:41 AM   #15
Hector1
Founding Member

The updated 600RR was expected, but everything else was pretty boring.

I am curious to find out how the Kawi 2000 Vulcan is selling. I think the big four have overdone the big cruiser market, even though Harley seems to get away with it year after year.

A Rossi replica R1 from Yamaha would be nice this year. It would really be a shot at Honda for letting him get away last year.

Hector1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 05:48 AM   #16
pplassm
Founding Member

And, what if Honda made the same types of bikes as the niche manufacturers? Where would the small manufacturers fit in? Wouldn't we then be decrying the death of Nuevo Triumph, M-G, etc.?
Old 09-09-2004, 05:52 AM   #17
pplassm
Founding Member

I know it's difficult, I mean the last, the only, brand new bike I bought was an IT425 in 1980. I paid $1400 out the door.

Then again, try and convert that IT425 into a CRF450X for $5399. KTM has been charging over $7000 for their 520 EXC since inception, and they sell every one they import.

Old 09-09-2004, 05:56 AM   #18
seruzawa
The Toad

No worries there. Honda is too big now and will always be ruled by committee. Apparently their idea of pushing the envelope is a Rune or a Ruckus.
Old 09-09-2004, 06:00 AM   #19
pplassm
Founding Member

I Just noticed that you guys said "For those of you outside the People's Republic of California, this bike will probably make a great dual-sport/supermoto/trail bike/motocrosser." The previous sentence said "The new 450X is an ass-kicking CRF-450R, with electric start, wide-ratio transmission, "t-ring" chain, 18" rear wheel, enduro lighting, a larger gas tank and CA "Green Sticker" eligibility."

Which is it?

Old 09-09-2004, 06:02 AM   #20
ewok1
Founding Member

Default 600rr

so it gets lighter. anyone else notice that they have a new 2 piece shock. looks like the heavily marketed prolink was a failure. i heard that the formula xtreme factory team had junked it. looks like that rumor was correct.
ewok1 is offline   Reply With Quote