Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-10-2004, 08:00 AM   #172
Tigercub
Founding Member

Default Re: CBRXX Replacement

Amen - to that. Although, I'm happy with pushrod 4-strokes, with lash adjusters. Just checking the valves on my Triumph 600 had me removing the radiator as well and then the quick-connect gas fitting on the tank started leaking. I had to grind a pipe tap to clean the PTFE bits out of the threads in the gas tank. What a pain!
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 08:06 AM   #173
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

True. True.
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 08:15 AM   #174
Grundoon
Registered Member

Default Re: 2005 Hondas

Big cruisers are Harley's stock in trade, it's unlikely to change anytime soon. The plague of cruisers on the motorcycle market is similar to the unrelenting assault of suv's on the auto market. When even traditional sportscar makers are jumpin in, then something is wrong.

If Ducati issues a cruiser, it will surely signal the apocalypse. . . .
Old 09-10-2004, 09:45 AM   #175
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

The MOrons have covered all the bases on this one, except one. Honda will still outsell every other motorcycle manufacturer this year. Depressed yet JB??
Old 09-10-2004, 09:50 AM   #176
HobbleFoot
Founding Member

I like the Repsol colored bike and the fact they finally changed the color on the RC51.

Unfortunately, the RCV has not only trickled down to the consumer, it has trickled down into other racing. We used to have the RC51 Superbike and then a separate MotoGP bike to lust after. Now it's all one bike. It's all blurring together. That's too bad.

"High-revving engine redlines at 15,000 rpm."

The R6 has revved to 15,500 rpm since it was born in 1999.
HobbleFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 09:56 AM   #177
SmokeU
Registered Member

I didn't have to remove the engine to put on an aftermarket exhaust on my Magna. I do agree that it is a ***** to do simple maintenance on though.
Old 09-10-2004, 10:18 AM   #178
sarnali
Founding Member

The Sabre was an '84. As I recall I had to take off the radiator, tank, seat, coils and airbox to get to the valves. It was more work than my R and K100's but not too bad.

I did the valves on the Bandit which are screw and locknut, but I paid for the VFR and so far I've paid for the Triumph because it's in warrenty, I checked the readings between the 600, 10k and 20k valve checks and they've stayed close enough to be negligable so I'll probably just check them myself for the 30k and so on.

Did you find another trans. for the Magna, or are you going to use it for target practice?
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 10:20 AM   #179
Buzglyd
Founding Member

You could get a fake uniform and ticket book and pull over hot chicks and tell them if they unbutton their blouse you'll let them off.

Honda could sell a million of 'em!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 10:43 AM   #180
oldtim
Founding Member

There are a lot of nice standards out there that have decent ergos and good performance. I am in the same situatiion as you (+ short legs) and I got a 1200 Bandit and added some Holeshot eng. Corbin, progressive stuff. Now I have a pretty peppy comfortable ride.
oldtim is offline   Reply With Quote