Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   2005 Hondas (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/2515-2005-hondas.html)

Tigercub 09-10-2004 09:00 AM

Re: CBRXX Replacement

Amen - to that. Although, I'm happy with pushrod 4-strokes, with lash adjusters. Just checking the valves on my Triumph 600 had me removing the radiator as well and then the quick-connect gas fitting on the tank started leaking. I had to grind a pipe tap to clean the PTFE bits out of the threads in the gas tank. What a pain!

Steven_Verschoor 09-10-2004 09:06 AM

True. True.

Grundoon 09-10-2004 09:15 AM

Re: 2005 Hondas

Big cruisers are Harley's stock in trade, it's unlikely to change anytime soon. The plague of cruisers on the motorcycle market is similar to the unrelenting assault of suv's on the auto market. When even traditional sportscar makers are jumpin in, then something is wrong.

If Ducati issues a cruiser, it will surely signal the apocalypse. . . .

longride 09-10-2004 10:45 AM

The MOrons have covered all the bases on this one, except one. Honda will still outsell every other motorcycle manufacturer this year. Depressed yet JB??

HobbleFoot 09-10-2004 10:50 AM

I like the Repsol colored bike and the fact they finally changed the color on the RC51.

Unfortunately, the RCV has not only trickled down to the consumer, it has trickled down into other racing. We used to have the RC51 Superbike and then a separate MotoGP bike to lust after. Now it's all one bike. It's all blurring together. That's too bad.

"High-revving engine redlines at 15,000 rpm."

The R6 has revved to 15,500 rpm since it was born in 1999.

SmokeU 09-10-2004 10:56 AM

I didn't have to remove the engine to put on an aftermarket exhaust on my Magna. I do agree that it is a ***** to do simple maintenance on though.

sarnali 09-10-2004 11:18 AM

The Sabre was an '84. As I recall I had to take off the radiator, tank, seat, coils and airbox to get to the valves. It was more work than my R and K100's but not too bad.

I did the valves on the Bandit which are screw and locknut, but I paid for the VFR and so far I've paid for the Triumph because it's in warrenty, I checked the readings between the 600, 10k and 20k valve checks and they've stayed close enough to be negligable so I'll probably just check them myself for the 30k and so on.

Did you find another trans. for the Magna, or are you going to use it for target practice?

Buzglyd 09-10-2004 11:20 AM

You could get a fake uniform and ticket book and pull over hot chicks and tell them if they unbutton their blouse you'll let them off.

Honda could sell a million of 'em!

oldtim 09-10-2004 11:43 AM

There are a lot of nice standards out there that have decent ergos and good performance. I am in the same situatiion as you (+ short legs) and I got a 1200 Bandit and added some Holeshot eng. Corbin, progressive stuff. Now I have a pretty peppy comfortable ride.