Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-10-2004, 05:27 AM   #151
reallybigironmike
Founding Member

Default Re: Where's the 599?

It's a huge shame. For a while, as the practical, fun, comfortable "nakeds" seemed to be making a comeback, I was thinking there might be a place in the motorcycling world for an educated grownup who just wants to ride. OOPS, guess not! Not in this country, anyway . . .
reallybigironmike is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-10-2004, 05:39 AM   #152
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: new makeup on an old *****

Maybe Honda can take a clue from Suzuki. They can rename all the Shadows something like "The Thoroughfare" or "The Sunset Strip", you know, something catchy.

Then they can call it the greatest design revolution in the company's history. Or some other over blown PR man's hyperbole. Maybe if they say the same lie enough times it will become "true".

Heaven knows that Honda is so strapped for cash that they can't do any better than Suzuki.

Wait a second. Even diminutive Suzuki is doing a more exciting job than Honda.

Never mind.
Old 09-10-2004, 05:40 AM   #153
wilro09
Registered Member

Default Re: 2005 Hondas

BORING!! Where's the VTX Techno Cruiser, the CB1300, a larger displacement VFR, geez Honda wakeup!
wilro09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 05:41 AM   #154
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Warren Zevon

And the Werewolves will always wander through London on those foggy nights.
Old 09-10-2004, 06:32 AM   #155
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: CBRXX Replacement

Maybe the Honda design department should take a look at the new Bimota shown on MO Daily today, and remind themselves what a motorcycle should look like. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 06:33 AM   #156
SRMark
Founding Member

I'd trade my ST1100 for the cop ST right now. That simple paint scheme, solo seat, extra fairing protection,etc. just look right. The extra brackets sure would come in handy for mounting additional bits and pieces too. And of course it won't be sold to the public. The speedo reading out in 2mph increments has me curious.

Bastards won't even transfer the warranty if you can find one for sale from a police department. The standard ST1300 looks too gaudy for my tastes and my bike is getting long the tooth. Guess I'll keep wrenching on this one for a while.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 06:45 AM   #157
pdad13
Founding Member

Yeah, I know. One of my computers at work is a senior citizen. It loads so slowly, I'm not sure where I am half of the time. I guess, like the old geezer it is, it needs to repeat itself a lot.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 06:51 AM   #158
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: CBRXX Replacement

Seems that they're going to make it "bigger and better." MCN had confirmed that the bike is coming and had an "artists rendition" on the cover of one of their issues. It's probably still on the web site under New Bikes. Of course, the "artist's rendition" looked a lot like the 800 in blue.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 07:15 AM   #159
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: wmrra

I go out there when I can, I ride a light blue Trophy and wear a red and black JR Ballistic and a Nobby 2 Shoei. The last time I was there was a month or two ago when Doug Polen was there but I had my kids with me so I drove.

I work every weekend till two so I stop by after work mostly
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 07:20 AM   #160
sarnali
Founding Member

Just watch BBC America and Fox Sports World, then you can have all the Brit shows and Premier League Footie without a bunch of cheesehead blather.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote