Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   2005 Hondas (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/2515-2005-hondas.html)

Nplateau 09-09-2004 02:01 PM

Re: 2005 Hondas

Ah, my good buddy Pdad, you are, of course right. I also find the tribal thing derivative. Maybe some of the problem lies in a lack of synergism between paint and body work. I agree with you on the the 916, and if I may point out another of Massimo's masterpieces, I love the MV Agusta F4 SPR in matte black. Looking, however, at the F4 1000s, I love the yellow-silver paint scheme, much moreso than the red-silver. Color choice in the paint scheme is uber-important. If I had the skill and the resources, I would paint my own bike, and truly have something unique to me.

I look at the current color options of the CBR F4i and I feel a little nauseated. Maybe someone out there really digs it. I can live with that. I do however wish for the old red and white job they had with the 2001 model. Of course, I think I would have liked it even more if they inverted the colors.

Maybe one day they will let us order our bikes with our own paint schemes. In the meantime, Europe will get the best graphics.

Nplateau 09-09-2004 02:04 PM

Fortunately I didn't have to take English in college since I had tested out of it in high school (5 on the AP), which is a good thing, as I heard that Freshman English at Berkeley is an absolute nightmare, and perenially ranks as one of the most difficult classes offered.

SR 09-09-2004 02:53 PM

I usually don't like replica paint shcemes that much but the Respol paint job really gets me drooling. There is something about the way those otherwise uglyish colors are arranged that makes it look good.

BMW4VWW 09-09-2004 03:31 PM

Being able to tie together dirt trails with a steet legal bike is the ticket. I regularly take my 6 year old son exploring here in northern Calif. I like the DRZ, but for one person only. We ride on my trusty old GS 100 with saddle bags for lunch and such. I have to avoid some of the rougher trails that a DRZ would be great for, but I enjoy the companionship of the wife or the boy too much to leave them home. BTW next time you're picking up the Suzuki on a side hill just think of me trying to lever the old GS out of a diich. It may make you feel better. VWW

waepoint 09-09-2004 03:37 PM

I think that something is called "racetrack domination." If Doohan and Rossi hadn't kicked arse under the Repsol banner, that color arrangement would just be plain ugly. But they did, so consider me drooling.

Vlad 09-09-2004 05:22 PM

Re: 2005 Hondas. It's just sad.

For Big Red, this is pretty slim pickins. Their pricing is out of line and their line up is boring. I think the Big Ruckus is kinda cool, but I'm not going to shell out that kind of money for a toy. And their 600 costs more than a Ducati 800SS. By the way, isn't it time for a VFR restyle? Looks like we poor schmucks need to look to the other manufacturers for a little excitement.

Francis

kowalke67 09-09-2004 05:33 PM

Ha, I'll do that. Of course when my rear end is burning after about 50 miles on the DRZ and I have 50 more ahead of me I'll be thinking of your GS too.

CW's David Edwards Up Front column this month has a few paragraphs on how the GS line saved BMW when introduced in '79. Nice piece he wrote with a quick interesting history on the GS bikes. I owned a F650GS Dakar ABS for a couple years. A great bike but the off-road opportunities just werenÂ’t there for that style of bike in Chicago and the surrounding area. Plus, I bought it new and frankly I couldn't see dropping it in the dirt or wiping out on it. It was just to dang pretty to mess up.

HarryMyhre 09-09-2004 06:42 PM

Re: 2005 Hondas Big Ruckus

Ruckus Schmuckus,

Honda has way way cooler scooters for sale in Europe...

Why do we get saddled with that lump of a Ruckus?

I guess same reason they keep trying to sell the Elite 80 over here...

HarryMyhre 09-09-2004 06:47 PM

Also - why no Veradero for the American market?