Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-09-2004, 02:07 PM   #111
ewok1
Founding Member

Default you're too kind

sometimes this message board stuff befuddles me. i guess i coulda sorted it out for myself if i bothered to read the headings.

i know people who don't clean their motorcycles. i don't know anybody who would beat a bike up to keep it safe. that might be ironic.

this painting a bicycle was new to me. i have coveted some of those banged up messenger bikes when i get to the big city. some are pretty trick.

ewok1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-09-2004, 02:15 PM   #113
ewok1
Founding Member

Default wmrra

now you're talkin. i'd like to go to freddy school too. it seems really comprehensive.

but you can learn all you need to know at 2-fast.org, or better yet sully school.

www.sullivanraceschool.com for around $300 instead of the $2500 fast freddy gets.

they both can serve as the rider requirement for wmrra and they both do a good job. i think they even both still have schools this year at pacific.

or come to the 2-fast days in spokane on the 25th and 26th.

then its just the classroom in march and you can scare yourself silly with the rest of us idiots.
Old 09-09-2004, 02:16 PM   #114
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: Big tank daddy

That's why my DT1 has a 3 gallon gas tank.
Old 09-09-2004, 02:22 PM   #115
ewok1
Founding Member

Default wmrra

are you one of those triumph guys that comes to pacific? if so. thanks. i love seeing those bikes parked by the busstop. ridden by a more mature rider from the looks of it. seems like they are there every race weekend.

if you are say howdy. i race a grey ducati 2 valve 750 franknbike. ducshop is on the tank. i'll have a new number at the next pacific races on the 10th of october, but you can't miss the bike. mainly cuz i'm so slow you have plenty of time to identify me.
Old 09-09-2004, 02:24 PM   #116
ewok1
Founding Member

Default Re: wmrra

i know you're not kpaul i meant this for sarnali
Old 09-09-2004, 02:33 PM   #118
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default Re: 2005 Hondas

being the biggest, i spose Honda has biggest legal dept. too. Probly precludes their building anything that would get you really worked up. I can hear the meetings now. Let's say exciting, but without using the word exciting... Say, can we make it faster but without adding more speed? Say, is there a ™ on Safety First? can we use that? I can see this Tribal thing becoming a huge liability for us, let's send a CRF50F to every native american, with an extra Do Not Drink and Ride disclaimer sticker...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 02:50 PM   #120
kowalke67
Founding Member

Default Re: 2005 Hondas

True enough. I'd need to be in some open trail country to justify a CRF. Riding the DRZ in the city is incredible fun. Every pot hole, curb, and speed bump is something to be run over jumped or wheelied off of. It's has plenty of umph in the dirt for me. The nice thing is over Labor Day weekend I road it 30 miles over side streets, dirt roads, and highway to get to the trails. I get to the trails and let the air pressure in the tires down to about 9.5 lbs and go dirt riding for 80 miles. When I'm ready to quit I air up the tires at the closest gas station and ride home. Now that is a true multi-purpose bike. The only time I really regret the weight is when I have to pick that sucker up on the side of a hill.