Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 08-31-2004, 11:03 AM   #71
mile_eater
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 MO Sport Touring Shootout

if ya had a one bike garage... I don't see how you could go wrong with the ZZR.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-31-2004, 11:08 AM   #72
maxriderdon
Founding Member

Kinda dejavu, If you look at the last big MO ST comparo you will notice like the ZZR, the then current Concours was rated very poorly by MO because of motor buzz. By contrast it was rated best in the sport area of the ST group. That was the best thing to happen for Connie owners. Prices stayed real low and the buzz was mostly over exaggerated and easy to fix. So those who knew the Connie well, got a steal of a deal. Of course just mentioning the Concours will probably bring complaints.
Old 08-31-2004, 11:15 AM   #73
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Heat

Considering we were riding Hwy 395 in the middle of summer, a block of ice would have felt hot. However, the Honda was toasty in my estimation. The GT was even hotter. I rode both for several miles at a time with my feet dangling off the pegs.

I suppose if you ditched the cat converters you might run afoul of the Man but the exhaust would most likely be cooler.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 11:45 AM   #74
Steve781
Founding Member

Default Motorcycle Consumer News

I was refering to Motorcycle Consumer News, which is an American company, not Motor Cycle News, the Brit rag. Think of them as the Consumer Reports of the motorcycle world (as crowned by Forbes). No ads accepted to avoid any hint of bias and an older, more mature demographic. They don't have a strong internet presence so I consider them a compliment to, not competition for, this fine site. The subscriptions are kinda expensive, but you get a lot for your money. Renew your membership here first, then go over to http://www.mcnews.com/mcn/
Steve781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 11:47 AM   #75
wwalkersd
Founding Member

Default Re: Excellent idea

kp, I believe he meant Motorcycle Consumer News, an American publication, rather than Motor Cycle News, a British rag.
wwalkersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 11:54 AM   #76
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

"It's all in knowing who to be standing next too in the beauty contest."

Where do you get these quips?

I'm going to start writing them down, like Fonzie does. First one of us to publish is going to get rich
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 11:57 AM   #77
seruzawa
The Toad

Although I prefer the Triumph, I can't argue with you. A guy at work has a ZZR. He's my height. He put on a pair of bar risers and he just loves it. Still complains a bit about the pegs though.

Oh well. Very few people ever find a bike that is utterly perfect for them. 95% is usually good enough.
Old 08-31-2004, 11:58 AM   #78
nweaver
Founding Member

Default With and Without ABS also makes a difference...

I'm slightly leery of linked, non-ABS, altohugh to be honest, they actually suit my style as I usually just use the front brake anyway (my primary bike is a Y2K VFR).

When ABS gets into the picture, linking makes lots of sense. Squeeze the front gently, you get nice even braking. Squeeze the front hard, you fire the retro-rockets. No muss, no fuss, no worrying about front wheel lock (scary @#)$*( stuff, front-wheel-locking).
nweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 12:07 PM   #79
jkofsky
Founding Member

Wow - all thoughtful comments so far, no flame wars, no political rants. So it almost hurts me to ask - where's the picture of the *****? I want to judge for myself.
jkofsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 12:12 PM   #80
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I was named after my very Italian grandfather. You keep it up and a few relatives may show up at your door to find out what's so freakin' funny.

Fugghetabouttit!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote