Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-03-2004, 01:46 PM   #251
samurai01us
Founding Member

Default Re: Longer test

Good point. And yes, I do think your opinions are the most important.
samurai01us is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-03-2004, 01:49 PM   #252
samurai01us
Founding Member

Default Re: What does one have to do with the other?

You betcha. But only if you can get me hooked up with a good son or salsa band. I have a factory sponsorship from the Toca drum company, which netted me a great set of congas. And, I think Celia Cruz is still the reigning queen, alive or not.
samurai01us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 03:28 PM   #253
Holy_Kaw
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 MO Sport Touring Shootout

Go ahead and take your torque chart to Bike Night to impress your friends but stay away from ZZR guys because in any straight line contest of speed on the street ZZR's eat "Yammie" FJR's for breakfast, Bigtime. Don't feel bad I can only think of a handful of bikes in it's Power/Speed class stock, the FJR isn't close.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 04:16 PM   #254
gtburton
Founding Member

For old guys.
gtburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 04:23 PM   #255
gtburton
Founding Member

And at Deals Gap the only way to get across it quick on the FJR and the ST is to straighten it out. Those bikes are far behind compared to the K12 or any of the other bikes in your comparo. I just do not get it. These two bikes are more for the open road. They are great on the Blueridge. They are not great on 215, that crosses over the Blueridge.
Old 09-03-2004, 08:34 PM   #256
Wambo
Founding Member

I still think the Triumph should have won-who could resist that sound or handling?
Wambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 08:58 PM   #257
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Is a 35yr Old AMA "Pro Expert" licensed racer considered an "old guy" for the ST market? Cause I'm that guy and hardly consider the K1200RS to be more of a sportbike than an FJR (which has the same ground clearance and WAY more motor than an RS) I consider them both to be in the "Big, Heavy, Powerful" class and aimed at 40 and 50 something guys who want or need to sacrafice some nimbleness for legroom and a more relaxed ride. -Sean
Old 09-04-2004, 04:00 AM   #258
gtburton
Founding Member

The K12 is not a sportbike in my opinion. It sport tours pretty well. The engine is actually about 13 years old and has been updated as you know. The K12 design is about 7 years old. The FJR is a more powerful motorcycle. It is lighter. Reported to have great suspension and should handle better than the K12. It does not. The same is said of the ST. I have been riding for 38 years and and I do not find these two new motorcycles better for me than the tired old K12. They are not revolutionary and only refine and copy the BMW design. I was in the market for both of these bikes. I wanted a more sport oriented sport touring bike. These bikes are surely what most people desire. They did not do it for me. The Ducati ST4 sure gets me going but I will not tour with a chain drive. So I am down for the new K1200S. I appreciate your response to my questions and jabs.
Old 09-04-2004, 06:47 PM   #259
Marin_Cycleworks
Founding Member

This article, while completely different in style, is the closest thing we've ever seen in American motojournalism in spirit to the vastly higher quality stuff in Europe, specifically Performance Bike. Nearly all other US stuff, in the print mags at least, is the, "we saluted the flag, smiled at old ladies and kept the noise down" eunuch don't-*****-off-the- advertisers garbage.

Good job, MO.
Marin_Cycleworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 07:26 PM   #260
HarryMyhre
Founding Member

The Connie should have at least been mentioned... It has a lot going for it. I owned a '93. Thinking seriously about buying a brand new one. One of the best bargains in the 2 wheeler world if you ask me.
HarryMyhre is offline   Reply With Quote