Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-01-2004, 06:32 AM   #191
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Here's how

I've put plenty of miles on a Concours to know. That fairing adjust doesn't work all that well. The heat still pours up through the fairing. Plus, the Concours has little torque below 6000 rpm. Throw in the cheapo suspension and the dated looks and you've got a last place finisher.

Hey! But it's a great value for the money!

Now please let Connie die a slow death all of you COG members..
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-01-2004, 06:51 AM   #193
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Default Re: If we only knew....

Whew! Anonymous NO MORE!
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 06:57 AM   #194
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 MO Sport Touring Shootout

Yeah, but a turbo would destroy the intoxicating intake and exhaust howl of the stock Sprint ST. -Sean

P.S. Click that link and turn your volume WAY up, make it quiet in the room and listen to the beautiful echoes before the bike comes into view.
Old 09-01-2004, 07:00 AM   #195
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Troy Bayliss's Ducati Marlboro Desmosedici of course! Now that cigarette lighter thing would be handy, course I'd have to get one of those fancy flip-up helmets like yours. If I'm not mistaken it's your turn on the next round "Mr Gates".
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 07:02 AM   #196
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Linked Brakes

Vlad,

You nailed it. The fully integrated brakes and the aggressive way that it applies the front when you just brush the rear brake pedal is its single greatest flaw. The partially integrated S, RS, GT and GS brakes are much better in actual usage. -Sean
Old 09-01-2004, 07:12 AM   #197
Lowrez
Founding Member

Default Re: Heat

I've got an ST1300 and the heat is unbearable if you wear blue jeans. If I wear my 'stich or Alpinestars riding pants the heat is deflected enough that I don't notice it. I suspect the other bikes are similar.
Lowrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 07:58 AM   #198
Neal
Founding Member

Actually,its not a cigarette lighter....its a cigar lighter. I learned that from the Old School salesman I bought my first Geezer Glide from in 1985. He said it was stupid to smoke a cigarette on a bike cause even with the fairing the airflow caused it to burn too fast whereas cigar would last a reasonable time. Since Harley didnt condone stupid behavior he concluded it must be a cigar lighter. He wrote cigar lighter on the paper work.....I kept it for years but misplaced it my last move. You young folk need to listen to your elders....its amazing the BS you can pick up.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 08:01 AM   #199
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Default Re: Here's how

So the Connie does not get the BNG, or 0.0005% increase in performance increase each year, so its rendered irelevent.

That thought process would render HD, MG, and a few other bikes into the same class (as a general statement).

I just don't understand screwing around with a product for no reason than marketing hype.

I've owned, and put more miles on a connie than any other bike in my life. Including crotch rockets, dirt bikes, DP bikes, and a cruiser or two (one was a basket case that I'd prefer not to remember), and UJM's.

My point is that the statement that it has not changed is wrong, Kaw has upgraded parts, breaks, suspension, as the parts bin allowed. Using proven components (the hallmark of the connie IMO).

While I no longer subscribe to every bike rag on the earth, I can't remember the last time I read a review of the connie (it's been 8 years for MO)

So I say its time to look at the old girl again, she might not be the elisha Cuthbert of the day, neither is my girlfriend, but she probably will provide more than most of use can handle.

MO please get a Connie and test it, hell I'm allready on record for you guys to test any and all bikes you can get, but lets update the Connie impressions, see how its stacks up to bikes costing twice as much.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 08:04 AM   #200
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 MO Sport Touring Shootout

Why did you guys give the Kawi six points for motor and the FJR only five points? The FJR clearly trounces it in every department except absolute peak horsepower, and the Kawi only has an advantage over 8000 rpm.