Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-01-2004, 05:09 AM   #181
toilet
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 MO Sport Touring Shootout

Nice article. I liked the format of intermingled story and review followed with the traditional rankings and abbreviated comments. This one had a great balance of entertaining ebass-style tall tales and informative point-to-point comparisons. Keep up the good work.
toilet is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-01-2004, 05:15 AM   #182
pdad13
Founding Member

My grandfather's name was Rocco.

Fortunately, my parents had the good sense to name me Paul.

I'd take Arthur over Rocco any day.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 05:16 AM   #183
ofreen
Registered Member

I use my old CB750F for commuting. The CBR is used for touring. If motorcyles were free, I'd need a warehouse like Leno to keep them in. There isn't much I'm not interested in, although cruisers appeal to me the least. They are still fun to ride in their own way, however.
ofreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 05:35 AM   #184
mile_eater
Founding Member

Default Re: Here's how

Hrm... I wonder if you would say that after actually riding the connie with these bikes. For one thing, you wouldn't have heat problems on the Connie. You can adjust her fairings to force either warm, or cool air onto your legs.

As for her performance vs. this crowd.... well... remember that the price thing would be an automatic 6 points right there.
Old 09-01-2004, 06:02 AM   #185
mile_eater
Founding Member

Default Re: The real problem with mile_eater

For the 115th time, you moron, I'm not I republican. You see, there aren't just 2 options here. It's quite possible to hate both Dubya, and Kerry.

Now I think Kerry is going to lose, but that doesn't mean that I want dubya to win.
Old 09-01-2004, 06:07 AM   #186
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: Love Linked Brakes???

Just one- the V Star 1100. The rest of them are dirt simple, from what I've seen.

Old 09-01-2004, 06:16 AM   #187
gibsonsmith
Founding Member

Yeah, BMWs are expensive, and frankly should cost a couplafew thousand less if you're thinking about it in strictly comparative terms. I recently bought one after coming from sport bikes, and I guess I'd have to say that the only concern I had (average HP) seems to be the major concern others have as well. BUT, and I say this with all candor, when selecting a bike that you're truly going to tour on, a couple of thousand dollars is worth it to end your third day and still be able to walk. That, and good ergo for tall riders (I'm 6'4) really set this bike apart for me.
gibsonsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 06:17 AM   #188
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: If we only knew....

Troy's bike?

The Geezer Glide comes with a built-in cigarette lighter. Something to consider when making a motorcycle purchase.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 06:18 AM   #189
mile_eater
Founding Member

Default Re: The real problem with mile_eater

Boy, what does a latte sipper from Seattle know about being a man?

let me clue you in boy. It's got nothing to do with how much money you make, or what your job is.

Being a man is about responsibility. It's about protecting your family, and raising your kids.

A man who raises a child right, is far more a man than a childless motorcycle racer.

But if you want to talk about the testosterone quotient I'll be happy to go there. Let's start with firearms. I can put .30 caliber bullet between your eyes from over 500 yards away. I can shoot beer cans from 100 yards with a .40 caliber handgun.

Given the firearms ownership is practically banned in the God-forsaken hell hole you call home, I doubt you could hit a silohette from 20 feet.