Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-01-2004, 05:25 AM   #174
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: 2004 MO Sport Touring Shootout

I owned an '82GS1100GK for about a year. Have you replaced the voltage regulator yet?

I'd say the GK was more like a Chevy Malibu. An Ironhead Sportster would be the Model T.
Old 09-01-2004, 05:32 AM   #176
bigjames
Premium Member

Well, Motarrad (yeah, its spelled wrong) said that the FJR was the best BMW not built by BMW, guess they were right, for once....

Still think I am going back to the BMW RRT when it is time to replace my KLT....or the 2003 HD....

BigJames
bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 05:47 AM   #177
TatdNPrcd
Founding Member

Default What does one have to do with the other?

You write off their credibility because they didn't sleep on the ground? I hope you're joking because as 'zuki says, "...what would be the difference?"

I've camped while riding my ST1100 and the only thing different was the amount of crap I had to carry and the temperature at night. One is no more "fun" than the other for me. I've slept under the stars so often I can't remember them all and I've stayed in enough dives to know when sleeping in a 7-11 parking lot is safer! Does that give me credibility to review a motorcycle built for extended stays in the saddle while also allowing for a bit of fun? No.

About your observation regarding the M/C media not addressing camping; you might want to check out "Rider". Over the years they have done a lot of stories that involved many of the things you mentioned including gear reviews. Their website: www.riderreport.com

TatdNPrcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 05:57 AM   #178
kowalke67
Founding Member

I thought the Sprint ST didn't fit the mold for this sport touring comparo. I thought if the Sprint was included why not the ST4/ST4s or the Futura. I think both of those bikes exceed the Sprint in hp although still not in the category of the FJR or ZZR. But if either one of those were included then the comment would be why not wasn't the Sprint ST included. But, I guess we know now how one of the sportier sport tourers stack up against the tourier sport tourers. For my money, I would have rather seen the Concourse in there...but I don't have much money.

What I'll be looking forward to is when the new Sprint ST's are out and having a ST comparo between the new Ducati ST3/ST4, Sprint ST, Futura, and say an R1150RS or a touring accessorized R1150R or FZ1.

Anyway, I liked the comparo overall for information on the bikes. The $33 and change cashier story along and the Sprint ST Echo video were funny and cool as hell, respectively. So how fast were you going on that Sprint in that video???
Old 09-01-2004, 06:03 AM   #179
TatdNPrcd
Founding Member

Default Re: Brown Noser

hehehe... he's his PAL. Burns came to his rescue once and now he's kp's hero. "Don't mess with, john, I'll tell my mom!"
TatdNPrcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 06:03 AM   #180
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Default SNEAKY LEAKER(tm)

Not a problem
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote