Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 08-31-2004, 10:36 PM   #151
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Default Re: 2004 MO Sport Touring Shootout

I'm about 6'3" 260. My idea of a Sport Tourer is along the lines of a ZX12R, Daytona or Tuono (a ZRX 1200 being a Sporty Tourer) with soft saddlebags. I voted purely on the "fun to ride" factor (regardless of temp.) for me. I think the Sprint ST, especially with the Daytona's engine, would have won overall (of course everyone else saw things differently) of these bikes. The first two bikes I thought were a lot easier to stay in the breeze (cooler) in the heat. The last four were set up to run serious miles at up to and beyond triple digit speeds (in some cases way beyond) in great comfort (maybe anywhere but the desert on a summer day). I liked the K-Bikes cruise control. I thought all the bikes were good bikes and could understand an Owner falling in love with any of them.

1. Truimph

2. ZZR

3. K-Bike

4. Yamaha

5. Honda

6. BMW RT

It was a good ride, and a fun time.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-31-2004, 10:49 PM   #152
schizuki
Founding Member

Well, I guess under those conditions, you'd award extra points to the bike with the biggest saddlebags and most convenient tie-off points for a shelter half. Aside from that, what would be the difference?

Oh, yeah - you could cook your can of beans on the Honda's seat. Point for the ST.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 11:04 PM   #153
apwired
Registered Member

Default Re: Geographically Challenged?

I was too until I put 3 more minutes into my google log and sreached for both folsom prison and it's proximity to Sac. Never seeing the prison itself - but being about 15 miles from it along the 80 fwy - the neighboorhood wasn't the typical SoCal marketplace.... especially NOT at midnight Friday. We managed by finding the youth culture WE could ridicule and hungrily chowed down out del caron tacos! -ap
apwired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 01:03 AM   #154
maxriderdon
Founding Member

Really? Seems the V-Max continues to be in the spotlight after all these years. Granted the light is not as bright.
Old 09-01-2004, 01:27 AM   #155
GS1100GK
Founding Member

Uh huh....only three cylinders on the Triumph? Gee good one Buzz. If you would have said 4 cylinders I'd have been worried.

Whip it..whip it good!
GS1100GK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 02:12 AM   #156
Arrow
Registered Member

Now, I know everyone's gonna roll their eyes but why was Futura (yes I own one) excluded from the beginning ? I mean Futura and Sprint ST are in the same category right? MO probably posted the reason for this but I couldn't see it so sorry for asking again...
Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 03:01 AM   #157
TigerRider
Founding Member

The price on the FJR is low to start. I don't think they are trying to keep prices artificially high, but rather, trying to maintain it's value. An overwhelming amount of FJR's on the floor would lead to severe price reductions, lower resale.... Considering the price is around 12 grand, I'd say they certainly are not price gouging.

I should have mine in a couple of weeks. I hope I enjoy it as much as my BMW before it.
TigerRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 03:15 AM   #158
gtburton
Registered Member

I have over 70,000 miles on a BMW K1200RS and there are no heat issues. Unless of course you guys are wearing tennis shoes and resting your tootsies on the exhaust headers. Additionally the FJR1300 and the ST1300 are overrated for "sport touring" and extremely feeble bikes in very tight conditions. I have ridden all these bikes and the Honda and the FJR are fast in the wide open but so what. They are both more than a handful in true sport touring habitat. They touch down way too soon. They are just plain scary. How come you guys did not ride the beartooth pass highway? That is a fair test.
gtburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 04:10 AM   #159
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Another typo

I believe peed's his pants is still up there too.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 04:13 AM   #160
Buzglyd
Founding Member

For me, a two-star hotel is camping!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote