Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-01-2004, 03:01 AM   #131
TigerRider
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 MO Sport Touring Shootout

The price on the FJR is low to start. I don't think they are trying to keep prices artificially high, but rather, trying to maintain it's value. An overwhelming amount of FJR's on the floor would lead to severe price reductions, lower resale.... Considering the price is around 12 grand, I'd say they certainly are not price gouging.

I should have mine in a couple of weeks. I hope I enjoy it as much as my BMW before it.
TigerRider is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-01-2004, 03:15 AM   #132
gtburton
Founding Member

I have over 70,000 miles on a BMW K1200RS and there are no heat issues. Unless of course you guys are wearing tennis shoes and resting your tootsies on the exhaust headers. Additionally the FJR1300 and the ST1300 are overrated for "sport touring" and extremely feeble bikes in very tight conditions. I have ridden all these bikes and the Honda and the FJR are fast in the wide open but so what. They are both more than a handful in true sport touring habitat. They touch down way too soon. They are just plain scary. How come you guys did not ride the beartooth pass highway? That is a fair test.
gtburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 04:10 AM   #133
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Another typo

I believe peed's his pants is still up there too.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 04:13 AM   #134
Buzglyd
Founding Member

For me, a two-star hotel is camping!
Old 09-01-2004, 04:14 AM   #135
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default If we only knew....

If I knew you were coming I would have placed a phone call to Philip Morris and we could have had the whole damn trip sponsored by Marlboro!
Old 09-01-2004, 04:21 AM   #136
Buzglyd
Founding Member

The GT appears to have extra fairing extension the RS doesn't have. Believe me it was toasty and I rode it in all conditions.

Also I scraped my feet on the GT as many times as I did on the FJR.
Old 09-01-2004, 04:23 AM   #137
flying_hun
Founding Member

Default Re: Geographically Challenged?

That's okay, I was teasing you. I can imagine a few exits where you might have found that kind environment. Of course, those exits aren't to Folsom. Despite the presence of the prison, Folsom is a pretty nice place. That said, the mocking of local youth culture was fun.
flying_hun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 04:39 AM   #138
dnlwthrn
Founding Member

Default Re: Also, bike had real trouble with the K bike

No, he loves the bike, just not the problems. Most (if not all) were covered under warranty, and it has been problem free for two years now. I guess the bugs just needed to be worked out the first couple of years (?). It still seems like a waste of nearly $18k.
dnlwthrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 04:41 AM   #139
dnlwthrn
Founding Member

That should be an easy problem to fix... just put a turbo on the triumph... Its been done, and 150+hp on that thing would be a dream...
dnlwthrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 04:49 AM   #140
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I see where you're coming from however I'm not a commuter. Motorcycling is more of a passion with me so I tend to evaluate things other than cost-efficiency when choosing a motorcycle.

Ask yourself this: If all motorcycles were free, would you still be riding a 1990 CBR? In not, what would you be riding?