Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 08-27-2004, 10:42 AM   #41
sqidbait
Founding Member

Default Re: And hey...

I bought my 04 F4i because I wanted a quality "real world" 600 supersport. The MSRP didn't dissuade me, as I feel the premium is worth it compared to competing products.

Besides, my out-the-door price wound up being less than MSRP...

As for the Z750, it's a shame that it wasn't available in the US last year, because I would have considered picking one up. The black Canadian-spec Z750 looks very cool. I don't really care for the US version - that half fairing looks out of place. I imagine that the fairing is functional, but some of the aggression has been lost.

-- Michael

sqidbait is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-27-2004, 10:52 AM   #42
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Default Z1 and only!

Have to agree on the REX. There are so many Great bikes out there these days. The ZX-10R (Is that a Red one?!) with it's, to me, indescribably Furious/Delicious sensation of acceleration, The Tuono with it's seemingly Universal Top Rider High Indorcements and The Daytona with it's gem of an engine and it's soul stirring music amoung it's charms top my current "need one" list. Any of these bikes would be great to own but they will have to join my REX, I still can't think of any one bike that is so right for me in so many ways. Goin' for a ride now .
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 11:21 AM   #43
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Sean is right this time.

A steriodially enhanced "body builder" like yourself had his poor widdle wrists hurting after only 15minutes in a relaxed push-up position?

I'm guessing that instead of "A Young Michael Douglas On Steroids" you probably look more like "A Young Andy **** On Crack"

Sincerely,

Sean
Old 08-27-2004, 11:26 AM   #44
mile_eater
Founding Member

Default Re: Z750

I can honestly say that after her pathetic whining and Yankee Sympathizing in Cold Mountain.... I've got no use for that broad. come to think of it... I never really thought she was cute in the first place...
Old 08-27-2004, 11:33 AM   #45
nbyers
Registered Member

Default Keep the lights off, it'll be OK.

Hey, mile_eater, I'm with you. The Z750 might even look nicer with the screen than without.

At the risk of fanning the flames....

the VStrom is uglier than a mud box. Almost as ugly as the 999.

Course, you can't see that when you're riding them, and they 'strom and the 999 are both righteous bikes for their given functions. And the looks don't seem to have hurt sales any so maybe I'm just tasteless.

nbyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 11:34 AM   #46
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Cute or not, Klinger's nose wouldn't be an improvment. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 11:41 AM   #48
nbyers
Registered Member

Default Is this really new?

"From the ****pit...notice several more leading-edge features that put these bikes at the forefront of design and performance. Foremost is the new split-seam fuel tank/airbox cover. The rear half is the actual fuel tank, designed to fit neatly between the frame spars and down behind the engine's fuel injection system, while the front half covers a new, quick-access air box."

Hmmmm. Didn't Yamaha start this on the latest YZF-R1? On the R1 there is a separate plastic cover between the gas tank and the front of the frame (triple clamp).

If that's true, can Kawi still be at the "leading edge" and the "forefront"? Oh, right, this is ad copy.
nbyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 11:46 AM   #49
sarnali
Founding Member

She's pretty good in "The Others", that's probably one of the best recent movies I've seen
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 11:47 AM   #50
seruzawa
The Toad

Think:

"Elisha Cuthbert in @ssless chaps."

"Elisha Cuthbert in @ssless chaps."........