Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 08-27-2004, 06:24 AM   #21
waepoint
Founding Member

Default New tacho

Actually, the press release makes a point of describing the tacho as a "bar-type LCD" ... which sounds like it could be more of a linear display than the current round-the-world style. Personally, I've never found the current style to be an impediment to riding fast on the street or track, but I suppose people have to find some nits to pick given the current hyper-competitive world of 600's.
waepoint is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-27-2004, 06:25 AM   #22
nickrab
Founding Member

Default Ex500?

It doesn't seem to be included in the "returning" list. That's too bad if so, I would love to see that updated slightly, with lighter weight & better suspension than it currently has. Ah well, I guess I am the only wimp around that likes small bikes.

The faring on the z750 sucks. Next summer I will be probably buying a new bike, and if we had the euro-version that would be at the top of my list. The new zzr600 is nice though, I could ride around on one of those.

Ah well, off to battle the city streets on my old EX500.
nickrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 06:30 AM   #23
nickrab
Founding Member

Default Re: Ex500?

Oh, nevermind, it is coming back, "Bold new graphics" seems to be the major change. Just not mentioned in this article.
nickrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 06:33 AM   #24
reallybigironmike
Founding Member

Default Re: New Kawasakis for 2005

well, I think the 750 and the ZZR are both genius moves. Both are trying to satisfy the slightly smarter rider who actually rides a lot. (but there may not be too many of those.) This is a wonderful new development. Given a choice between the Euro 750 and the blue one, either one would be a hell of a lot better for me than any middleweight made, so big deal if the black one is cooler. The US seat looks more comfy, and if I'm not mistaken they're upgrading the brakes--these were the only weaknesses noted in Yossef's review.
reallybigironmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 06:34 AM   #25
waepoint
Founding Member

Default Crying on my '03 636

Man, I sure didn't expect to have my ZX-6R obsoleted after 2 years. It makes me sad, although I'm happy to see Kawi staying aggressive.

But I'm curious to see how much faster the '05 is than the '03/'04 models. My guess ... not much. The main revisions of underseat exhaust and better riding position (and maybe a new tacho) smack more of a marketing update than an engineering one. Because despite their similar (if not outright superior) performance and lower price compared to the 600RR, I see about 4x Hondas to Kawis on both the street and track , no doubt due mostly to their enhanced trick-factor.

I'm also curious to see how well Kawi dealt with the increased weight of the underseat exhaust. Man, what a great time to be a sportbike junkie.
waepoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 07:12 AM   #26
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: Crying on my '03 636

"But I'm curious to see how much faster the '05 is than the '03/'04 models."

For 95% of the people on this board - it's not. We simply can't ride these bikes on the street at anywhere near their limits, so it's all just brochure-racing.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 07:12 AM   #27
Hector1
Founding Member

I just about had my mind set on a used 2003 R6 at a great price. The owner just got activated for OIF and needs cash. But now seeing the all new 05 ZX 6's is making me rethink this deal. I think the centerup exhaust will garner more sales regardless of what else was updated.

Give Kawasaki credit, they are aggressively trying to make inroads into the market dominated by Harley and Honda.
Hector1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 07:21 AM   #28
Marin_Cycleworks
Registered Member

Default Concours already out for 2005

It's at your local dealer now, kind of a metallic gold / tan this year, otherwise same as it ever was.
Marin_Cycleworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 07:26 AM   #29
pdad13
Founding Member

Oh, the horror of the Z750's fairing. Why? Why?! WHYYYYYYY??!!

Okay, I dig a little wind protection as much as anyone, but couldn't they have designed one that looks a little better? Maybe a little smaller.

Looks like they had some leftover bodywork from the old ZR-7S. Some paint, too. How about just that nice black on the Euro model, please? Or even that lovely midnight blue on the new ZZR600?
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 07:54 AM   #30
mile_eater
Founding Member

Default Z750

Y'all are on crack. That's a dang good lookin' motorcycle. It's the opposite of a V-strom.

V-strom looks great in pictures.. then you see in person and think... oh... that just ain't shaped right...

The Z750 may not snatch you up in photos, but I'll bet it looks awesome in person.