Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 08-27-2004, 01:46 AM   #11
Pacer
Founding Member

Default Re: New Kawasakis for 2005

I agree, take something that is cool and try to guess what we would buy and change it. Hello, we thought it was cool don't f-in change it. I don't have much interest in this bike but understand the frustration. Long ago they screwed up and sent us a faired bandit and naked over there. A few years later they gave us the unfaired, but it was to late the newness wore off. By the time they reacted we had shifted our focus. I feel Suzuki learned their lesson, they offered both faired and unfaired versions of the SV. I don't understand the corperate think tank.
Pacer is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-27-2004, 02:39 AM   #12
maladg
Registered Member

Blue is a pretty good color...looks mighty fine on the current ST13 & FJR13. But thats just me, I guess.

Maybe the absense of the Concours means that FINALLY they are updating the old girl. Considering the mid 80's (86?) first Connie was a recycled motor ....hmmm...recycle the ZZR12 as a torquemaster? Maybe punch it out to 1300 and add monster grunt?

In any event, looks like some nice additions. Good for Kawi.
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 03:04 AM   #13
burlesque
Founding Member

Concours was an early release, just a new color, Kawi has had it along w/ Ninja 500 on their site for a while.
burlesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 04:21 AM   #14
Labrat
Founding Member

So, if they're bringing back the previous generation ZX-6R as an alternative to the new track targeted bikes, what are the odds they'll eventually bring back the ZX-9 as an alternative to the ZX-10? While not in the same performance category as a modern superbike, it was still a great all around bike, and a much better fit for someone over 6' tall.
Labrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 04:43 AM   #15
mjs
Founding Member

Z750...YES... I think that it is one sweet looking bike.

I like the blue color, the fairing looks like it will provide some decent wind protection and the pipe is usually replaced anyway.

If the motor is smooth I could see myself on one some day.
mjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 05:29 AM   #16
nweaver
Founding Member

Default Well, on the ZR7s

It seems to be a replacement in the US for both the ZR7s AND the the Ninja 500...

I personally think the fairing looks kinda ehh, but is really nice. Having ridden a Ninja 500, that style of fairing is pretty effective.

nweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 05:31 AM   #17
nweaver
Founding Member

Default And hey...

You don't see any of the restored-comfort CBRs on the road (complete with banana seat, but still lacking the euro centerstand). So Honda's strategy of keep the price high obviously hasn't helped the F4i, as everysquid seems to prefer the RR, and those looking for a more comfort oriented bike get turned off by the >$8k price.

nweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 05:37 AM   #18
Arrow
Registered Member

The new ZX6R & RR look great. I was expecting Kawasaki to drop or revise the tachometer but this seems not to be the case.

I have mixed feelings about ZZR though. Why not offer it with a more comfortable single piece saddle with higher handlebars and more touring oriented clocks (fuel gauge, dual tripmeters etc)? Granted, the old ZX6R was a very comfy sportbike, but its age does not change anything; it is still a sportbike

By the way I owned a 2000 ZX6R previously, and found it to be a marvelous bike so I am happy that Kawasaki revived it. I just wish they made some changes to it so that it could be an even more streetable & tourable bike.
Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 05:47 AM   #19
cycleguy26
Founding Member

Kawasaki should have released the "new" zzr600 in '03. Not too many people buying the zx-6e, which had nothing on the yzf600r. If I was actually in the new bike market (I wish) I'd consider the "new" zzr600. Back when it was the zx-6r that Bostrom won a supersport championship on, it was the most comfortable supersport on the market. Good move, Kawasaki. Just a little late.
Old 08-27-2004, 06:01 AM   #20
xseal
Registered Member

If you want a great deal on the new ZZR 600, buy a 2000-02 ZX6R. I have 2, one for racing and one for the street, they are great bikes and available in almost new shape for $4k.
xseal is offline   Reply With Quote