Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 08-28-2004, 01:31 PM   #91
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Z750

I was trying to break mile_eater of his senseless contemplation of Nicole Kidman in that hideously boring Cold Mountain. I think it worked. Elisha Cuthbert in assless chaps does it everytime. Of course he'll now be worthless at work for a week or two.

Check it out.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-28-2004, 01:43 PM   #92
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Sean is right this time.

More like colloquial English. It communicates its meaning quite well to anyone above semiliteracy.

The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language. Definition of the suffix "-able".

English is not French, you know. Words can be created using acceptable suffixes or prefixes. An example is a new word you see in recent years, "proactive".
Old 08-28-2004, 02:15 PM   #93
reallybigironmike
Founding Member

Default Re: Z750

thanks for enlightening me. You're certainly a very sympathetic and insightful father-figure for mile_.
reallybigironmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 02:31 PM   #94
HobbleFoot
Founding Member

Default Re: Sean is right this time.

I was simply thinking the meaning of the word "beaten" or "beatable" was ambiguous. How is the ZX-6R being "beaten?" Is it beaten in horsepower, top speed, comfort, etc.? I didn't know we were speakin' colloquial English what with all the correctin' peoples spellin' and word usin'.

English is not French? I have to disagree with you there because everytime someone uses one of them thar wordy dirties, they say, "pardon my French." Well, their French sounds like English to me.
HobbleFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 03:09 PM   #95
nbyers
Registered Member

Default Hey, I don't have a BringMoreWampum...

Heck no.

My R11S is a Bavarian Money Waster.
nbyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 04:52 AM   #96
nickrab
Founding Member

Default Re: Ex500?

Very true, it's not the prettiest of bikes. Hell, remove the faring along with updating to lightweight modern clocks would probably drop 20lb off the thing and cost less. It could be quite a screamer if they just would drop the weight. I think that kawasaki USA just doesn't consider it worth it for us, as even if they updated it people would still consider it a "beginner bike" just due to displacement.

I am old enough to know *I* can't go any faster safely on a bigger bike (though other people can). Come on, kawi, follow suzuki's lead with updating the 500. Of course, Suzuki left in their crap motor.
nickrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 06:16 PM   #97
Orangetrak
Registered Member

Default Re: New Kawasakis for 2005

The article states that it is the first naked middle-weight to have fuel injection.

Except for last/this years SV650

Orangetrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 05:08 AM   #98
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

"From the ****pit, NINJA ZX-6R and ZX-6RR riders will notice several more leading-edge features that put these bikes at the forefront of design and performance. Foremost is the new split-seam fuel tank/airbox cover. The rear half is the actual fuel tank, designed to fit neatly between the frame spars and down behind the engine's fuel injection system, while the front half covers a new, quick-access air box. By centralizing the fuel mass near the center of the bike, chassis responsiveness is enhanced - weight transfers from turn to turn are lighter, and the chassis is exceptionally stable under acceleration and braking."

Hmmm, where have I seen this before? Oh yeah, on last year's R1. So much for being at the forefront of design.
Old 09-01-2004, 09:50 AM   #99
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

...and last year's/this year's FZ-6.

....and last year's/this year's Triumph Speed 4.

In fact, the only bikes without it in this class are the 599 and the Bandit 600.