Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 08-23-2004, 05:21 PM   #1
F451
Founding Member

Default Yet Another Rigid Clone...

<a>I think if I see another rigid chopper I'm going to heave. Mind you the best looking customs are the rigids' because of their clean rear quarters--but that's it! Back "in the day" when a rigid was a rigid for a reason, then they had merit.

Now, I suggest you get eBass' arse on one of the new Pantera's:

Pantera Motorcycles
F451 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-23-2004, 05:23 PM   #2
F451
Founding Member

Default Re: Yet Another Rigid Clone...

panteramotorcycles.com
F451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 05:25 PM   #3
eekadog
Founding Member

i like the ducati powered 13 choppers better than the buell pantera.
eekadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 05:26 PM   #4
eekadog
Founding Member

13choppers.com
eekadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 05:41 PM   #5
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

Default Re: 2004 Big Dog Ridgeback

<blockquote>Personally, I think you're an idiot, if you actually go out and buy one of these pigs...</blockquote>

LOL, gee Sean, why don't you tell us how you really feel?</p>
<blockquote>Unfortunately, EBass decided to sell the story to another rag, so even though MO was legally responsible for the bike, we didn't really get anything out of it, aside from Fonzie using it as a prop to shoot nudie pics of a lady friend (see below for the rated-PG versions).</blockquote>

Alright, Fonz! Even if MO didn't get anything out it, we, the readers, sure did.</p>

PS: WTF, Eric?</p>
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 05:46 PM   #6
ChicagoCruiser
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 Big Dog Ridgeback

You've got to be kidding me right? More choppers? Stopp with the Choppers already.

Saw one of these $30K plus chrome and flamed steeds throw his rider 50+ feet in Sycamore Illinois this last Saturday afternoon. Chopper Moron Boy pulled out of Pierce Harley at a speed usually reserved for space shuttle launches. He was wearing all the typical chopper safety gear: river sandals, shorts, wife beater T shirt and dew-rag. He put her down in the ditch after show boating for his buddy on a Buell at 80+. Damn thing is - he lived.

This thing is a suicide machine. All you chopper addicts, smooth another layer of medicine on your road rash and head over to: www.chopperflop.com.

Hey MO: How about some more stories about bikes WE enthusiasts who are sophisticated enough to have internet access - like to read.

My .02.

Ride for life.
Old 08-23-2004, 06:12 PM   #7
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Build your own

Choppers are only cool if you build it yourself. Period. It was an individual expression of man and machine once, in a far away galaxy, a long long time ago. Then the rich guys found em, thought they were cool, and well there goes the neighborhood. This bike is just like the rest. Cool if you built it, and uncool if you bought it.
Old 08-23-2004, 06:21 PM   #8
Nplateau
Founding Member

Default Umm Sean...

The Testarossa will never go out of style.
Nplateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 06:24 PM   #9
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Umm Sean...

True, the 250 Testarossas will never ever go out of style. However, the 85 - 91 (pre 512TR) Testarossas were heavy handed, overly complex and quickly past their shelf life. -Sean
Old 08-23-2004, 06:34 PM   #10
Nplateau
Founding Member

Default Re: Umm Sean...

Excellent point. That said, should ever a pre 512TR find it's way into my garage, I doubt I would spend much time picking over its faults. I'd probably spend the first couple of hours just staring at it, sitting in it, breathing it in, before I'd even consider taking it for a spin. Then I'd probably put on my clown makeup and head straight for Starbucks. Or wherever there are hot women that probably don't know any better.
Nplateau is offline   Reply With Quote