Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 08-24-2004, 09:05 AM   #71
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Not Big Dog's best bike

Did American Thunder actually test a motorcycle? Or did they ride one around in front of a camera, while praising it for its new fenders and "custom" exhaust? I didn't realize that they actually gave riding impressions, aside from the occassional reference to a "smooth ride" -Sean

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-24-2004, 09:26 AM   #72
Neal
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 Big Dog Ridgeback

I dont understyand all the negative comments.....Id rather read about bikes-even those Im not interested in-than about Janklow,stolen forks or the closure of Death Valley. Thanks for the article guys.......Im an old ex chopper guy but I dont particularly like the new way stretched bikes....Im more partial to the "Bobber "style or the old wideglide treatment of e-glides but its still fun to read about em. As for the chick,I guess Im so old any chick under 30 and less than 150 lbs looks hot but I liked the pix! More smut would make some of the drivel from KPAUL and others more palatable.....bring it on!!!
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 09:31 AM   #73
anrajala
Founding Member

This is a very good idea, I second. Especially the Best Bikes under 10k. We should also have other price classes.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 09:31 AM   #74
anrajala
Founding Member

Amen to that.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 09:45 AM   #75
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Build your own

I was thinking bobber/wideglide style rather than the stretch/rake/long forks chopper. Front brake would be a must. Hand shift would be optional, but old school would demand it. Thanks for the rocker clutch tip. don't know if I will ever build one, but ya never know.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:46 AM   #76
eekadog
Founding Member

ooH, ooH...how about a comparison between the baldwin and the uk indians
eekadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 10:22 AM   #77
seruzawa
The Toad

Yeah, I guess youth is an excuse. But you'd better learn fast or you'll end up like Mr. ALLCAPS. Certainly I've done my share of dumb@ss things, but after the first crash you learn something or you won't be long for this world. I've seen far too many bikers get seriously f*cked up because motorcycles are very unforgiving of stupidity.

The dumbest thing about chopping those old Knucklead and Panhead Harleys is that they are worth much more in stock condition today than chopped.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:43 AM   #78
Neal
Founding Member

yeah but back then they went for nothin...thsats why we bought em...we couldnt afford a new one,or even a crate shovel. Thats what people forget....in the day building choppers was the cheap way to go.It wasnt the big dollar trend irt is today. Also dont get fooled by some of the mags of the early seventies....those bikes were the hi end ones and not necessarily representative of the average Joes chop.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 10:52 AM   #80
dnlwthrn
Founding Member

Default Re: Not Big Dog's best bike

"I like the lines of the Pitbull but Choppers are just getting old. Kind of like the GPTB Swift Boat Dwarfs of MO."

Or your drivel.....
dnlwthrn is offline   Reply With Quote