Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   2004 Big Dog Ridgeback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/2496-2004-big-dog-ridgeback.html)

ewok1 08-24-2004 07:25 AM

I like the down with honkies thing.

reminds me of richard prior in silver streak. as for hst still drawing breath, it's probably just a rumor. beware the sausage creature.

seruzawa 08-24-2004 07:26 AM

Re: Quit yer griping!

That's alright. Your gobbledygook fits right in with everyone else's.

mile_eater 08-24-2004 07:31 AM

Please...

Glad to see I'm not the only one that thinks, "Hey look at that idiot" every time I see one of these God-forsaken contraptions.

I heard one designer actually caught his butt on fire while riding his latest master-piece.

Hey ya idiots... it's a machine. It's not art. Function of Form. If it doesn't go from point A to point B effectively, then it isn't even as cool as a Vespa.

nokneedragin 08-24-2004 07:33 AM

Re: 2004 Big Dog Ridgeback

Okay, I get it finally. Chopper are about getting chicks. But the chicks who dig a Choppers are fat tattooed, disease factories. So the guys that like choppers are looking for that type of woman, meaning they are probably disease factories themselves. I said it before, if you got to have a bike to get laid, you need more than a motorcycle (therapy comes to mind)

But I could be wrong.

Nice review, its a pity that there is not more honest reviews about choppers. Review some more, but the Chooper factories might join up with Honda and boycot you guys.

Still good to see something different, heck review anything motorized on two (or three) wheels. Whatever the manufacturers have available. Variety is the spice of life.

Watch it Ebass, you might give MO a bad name (see Honda comment above ;-)

ebass 08-24-2004 07:35 AM

I spoke with Bobby Baldwin a year ago for a sidebar piece on the EH vs. Royal Star story we did awhile back. He's a nice guy. I wish him well in his venture. As for a MO story, you'll have to appeal to SA. He holds the reigns around here.

sportbike_pilot 08-24-2004 07:35 AM

Re: Quit yer griping!

First "hole-hog", now this. Generic drugs?

sbp

Nplateau 08-24-2004 07:38 AM

Re: Not this, not now

Yup, and he still writes columns (from time to time) on ESPN's page 2.

SeanAlexander 08-24-2004 07:42 AM

EBass is an extremely talented writer. The chances of him tarnishing MO's (ahem!) Stellar Reputation, are slim and none.

Actually, if MO doesn't already have a "bad" name, we jhaven't been doing our jobs.

Nplateau 08-24-2004 07:58 AM

Real, Performing, Cruisers?

Indian Larry. Gasoline Alley. I saw a great interview of Indian Larry on Speed Channel, and he had some very interesting ideas regarding the design and function of his motorcycles and engines. He himself is a big fan of hard riding and carving, so he builds, all oxymoron aside, performance cruisers that can handle the twisties.

I'm pushing for a review. Ebass let's make it happen. Sure, Sean holds the reigns, but I'm sure he's not opposed to a cruiser if it actually performs. Sean liked the Sportster, so I'm confident he'd actually like the Indian Larry if given the opportunity to ride one.

Art and performance need not be mutually exclusive. Of course, I doubt I'd ever pay 30 large for an ill-mannered, poor performing machine, regardless of how beautiful it looked. Then again, I would never pay $250,000 for a Ferrari either, even if it were the most spectacular performance automobile on the planet. But that's just my value system.

There is no place for bike snobbery. Each to his own. We're all brothers on two wheels, regardless of what we ride. I'm no cruiser guy, but if that's what floats your boat, more power to you. I'll give you a waive and a smile all the same. Even if you are nothing more than a poser.

Heck, to some extent, we are all posers. If we weren't we'd probably just leave the bikes to track riding. I doubt that there is a single one of us here who doesn't believe that they get a few extra cool points for being a motorcyclist.

Let's just ride and have fun.

Nplateau 08-24-2004 08:06 AM

As for the girl...

Some of you have been complaining, but all I can say is, have you never been with a red-head?

They don't really tan. They just get more freckles.

I'm sure if she gave any one of us a wink and smile, we'd be pretty happy about it.

Great pics Fonz.