Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 08-24-2004, 05:10 AM   #31
SRMark
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 Big Dog Ridgeback

Throw the bike as far as you can but feel free to keep the girlie pics coming.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-24-2004, 05:18 AM   #32
toilet
Founding Member

Thanks for writing this, it was an entertaining review and helps round out MO in living up to its moniker.

Sean's usually pretty open-minded about riding any bike and can usually muster up something nice to say. But man, he must've hated this one. I felt the clown comments were a little over the top, me being a professional clown and all, but the nose was funny. Keep the articles comin'
toilet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 05:27 AM   #33
Yamahanian
Founding Member

Default He's Right!

Even you squids should appreciate this story. It contained honest opinions and was well written. Perhaps you would prefer another Yamaha press kit, slightly warmed over?
Yamahanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 06:08 AM   #34
pdad13
Founding Member

Stop killin' MO. This is one of the few instances I've seen where one of these monstrosities has actually been reviewed as a, ahem, motorcycle. All you usually see is some tatooed "artiste" talking about some billet this and gold plated that and how they bent the exhaust pipes through the frame 19 times. The non-motorcycling public gets the impression that these overwrought rolling abortions are the pinnacle of the sport.

If just one dumb rube with more money than brains stumbles upon this article while researching which $30K+ "custom" is going to supplement his fragile ego and changes his mind (while shuddering from the ridicule of more informed motorcyclists), it'll be worth it. It also might save said rube from serious physical harm.

And sorry, 13 Choppers are a horror. Chopping up a Ducati and chucking the chassis to make those things should be a punishable offense.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 06:21 AM   #35
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

While I don't care to own one, I've got nothing against choppers. I thought it was a good article.

My "WTF" pertained to your using MO's name to get the bike, then selling the story to another rag.
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 06:31 AM   #36
ewok1
Founding Member

Default Not this, not now

Hunter S. Thompson releases a book entitled "Hey Rube" and MO does a chopper review within a few days of each other. It can't be a coincidence. Lock up the womenfolk. Store up supplies like you belong to LDS. It could take some time to sort this out.
ewok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 06:41 AM   #37
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

The CMOS clock on the subscription server had a problem and Ashley reset it mid day Sunday, so Monday's sub numbers are actually for a 41 hour period.
Old 08-24-2004, 06:41 AM   #38
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Build your own

I had a spool hub on my shovel for a while when I had the 4 over springer on it, that and the stock HD rigid frame drum brake and dragging my feet comprised my stopping power.

The first time I rode it I'd forgot to adjust the lnk rod and when I went to stop I went sailing through a stop sign, across two lanes of traffic (complete with screeching car brakes) and off into a neighborhood till I finaly slowed down.

Shortly after I traded the springer for a 6 over superglide front end so I could run a stock wheel and disc, between that and the bonded shoes in the back it stopped pretty well for a chop.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 06:43 AM   #39
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

A professional clown, that's way cool.

I thought about going to clown school. I guess I was too chicken. Besides, people laugh at me enough as it is
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 06:44 AM   #40
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Nobody gives a hoot about what bike your butt is parked on if the chick on the back is hot, hot hot. Hell they won't even notice.

Given a choice -- me, I'd go for the babe and a Honda Ascot rather than a low-tech, ill-handling $23,000 boat anchor (even if it does means you can have a fat chick with body art for a girlfriend and still be considered cool).

Fonzie - you holding out on us bro? I thought you were supposed to hook us up in Lancaster a couple of weeks ago. Slacker!

sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote