Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 08-23-2004, 10:04 PM   #21
eekadog
Founding Member

Default Re: real bikes? please?

seriously...when is the touring bike shootout
eekadog is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-23-2004, 10:21 PM   #22
rossbiker
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 Big Dog Ridgeback

I'm betting it was more of the cute girl and the mention of nudie pictures.

Regards,

Ross

(more! more!)
rossbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 11:39 PM   #23
Betamax
Founding Member

I'm not a chopper fan, but I'll take pics of them over pics of tattooed *****s giving us the finger. Yikes.

Oy vay, couldn't you find any nice girls in the trailer park that day? That tall drink of herp made me itch just looking at her.

Sorry if she's someone here's sister or daughter or both. But if so...damn, buy her some multivitamins and tell her to get some sunshine. Filleted whitefish looks less pasty.
Betamax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 03:30 AM   #24
maladg
Registered Member

Please! No more customs!! Please!! And if you want to show nasty babes...make sure they are "nasty""...not just nasty.
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 03:38 AM   #25
ChicagoCruiser
Founding Member

So did we ever get to the bottom of when the sport touring shootout is?

MO: Pluheesseee no mo choppers. Here are some other "ideas" for articles:

Best bikes under $10K

Best entry level machines: rebel, etc.

Best dual pupose bikes

How about a story on MSF?

Old 08-24-2004, 04:15 AM   #26
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Build your own

Buying someone else's "custom" is just plain pathetic.

I chopped my old W2650SS back in '72. I even made a pair of struts which I installed and rode on for a period of 3 days after which I threw them away. I can't imagine anyone actually spending 25 large for a bike without rear suspension.

I occasionally get parts at Bill's Boneyard in Magna, Ut. Bill was telling me a couple of weeks ago that he is totally sold out of front wheels from old 125-175cc Japanese bikes. He had hundreds of them just a couple of years ago. You see, guys are buying them to use as chopper front wheels.

Even when I rode choppers I thought those fools who would put a spool front wheel on a panhead with that 1" wide rear drum brake (remember those?) were really demented idiots. Style is one thing, but that's just plain foolhardiness. Those tiny front drum brakes may be legal but they are also worthless.

Oh yeah another "cool" trick was to use a dentist's mirror intead of functional mirrors.

Why don't these rubbies just go all the way and put on sucide shifters as well? I mean, go all the way!! Suicide shift, originals, dental mirror, ape hangers and 5" diameter front drum brakes....going out in a blaze of glory, rear tire smoking and Jack Daniel's fumes fllling the air, as they crash while barhopping.

Engrave crossed armchaps on the headstone and christen the grave via EZ_Leakers.
Old 08-24-2004, 04:16 AM   #27
oldtim
Founding Member

I would love to see M.O. cover some imaginative, well engineered customs but who needs yet another ridged frame v-twin? Cycle WorldÂ’s American Flyers are some good examples of great customs. For instance, I would like to see some one build a nice soft-tail type custom with a 4-cyl. engine for a change.
oldtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 04:31 AM   #28
gbrummett
Founding Member

Default They give you guys a new article and all you do is complain.

They give you guys a new article and all you do is complain.

I thought it was funny, informative and entertaining.

Thanks guys!

gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 04:58 AM   #29
naco_traficante
Registered Member

Default Let's review everything

Now that you have done the token chopper review we can finally have that in-depth look at the Concours.

naco_traficante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 04:59 AM   #30
RIT_Phatmac
Registered Member

Bring on the reviews and the riding impressions of all bikes. There are enough 2 wheel variations for us all, and as long as looking at a bike like the Big Dog adds one more review, then you've added value to my subscription.

I don't see the girls taking off their clothes on the sportbikes, so maybe you're onto something.

As someone who will likely never get the opportunity to ride on one of these raked-out, burbling, insane monsters I like the opportunity to live vicariously through the experiences of the MO staff.

This was a great balanced review, and I enjoyed Fonzie and Sean's perspectives. Thanks.
RIT_Phatmac is offline   Reply With Quote