Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 08-24-2004, 04:54 PM   #111
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 Big Dog Ridgeback

So sorry to hear that your significant other "Bruce" caught you looking at her pictures. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-24-2004, 05:37 PM   #112
kowalke67
Founding Member

Just to be clear, when I said "...I'm not going to break the trend..." I was referring to the "I don't like choppers" trend, not the "hate Kpaul" trend. I am going to pretty much remain a spectator when the forums go that way. You seem to annoy enough people to get plenty of responses without me chiming in. And, I don't think it's just the "GPTB" who gets annoyed with you. You seem to have a universal fan club.
Old 08-24-2004, 06:05 PM   #113
kowalke67
Founding Member

Venturing in to dirt bike coverage I imagine would require a whole lot more resources than maybe MO can take on now? I'm not sure, obviously it's another world than the streets. Where choppers are at least still street (unless you give one to mscuddy then it may end up doing whoops).

Funny enough though, motocross bike development is heading in the same direction as sport bikes. Titanium this, magnesium that, $$$'s, and tons of performance that only the best of riders know how to access. Lots and lots of work to shave 12 ounces and add 3 hp. I guess with motorcycles getting so dang close to perfect finding ways to improve them is coming at a premium and in tiny increments.

It will be interesting to see who's going to make a leap and produce the next GSXR or CFR and leave all the other manufactures behind for five years. My guess is it wonÂ’t be Big Dog.

Anyway, I digress. I like dirt too.
Old 08-24-2004, 06:26 PM   #114
kowalke67
Founding Member

Right, very entertaining review. And, like someone else posted, it's great to see someone actually review these things for the real world. Whew, and I was just about to drop 25 large on one and sign up for the Iron Butt.

Actually, that is one of the unique things about MO- different than any other magazine or Internet site I've seen- is that you'll do the unconventional in motorcycle reviews. For example, throwing in a Daytona, Ducati, and Aprilia when doing a comparo to discover the baddest sport bike. Everyone else will for the most part cover just the big 4. And, if they do add in more manufacturers the information given on each individual bike is reduced to a few lines. For example, everyone knew the Daytona wasn't going to stack up. But, it was nice to see how much or how less.

Same deal with this chopper. You know it's going to suck to ride in the real world. But, it sure was entertaining for someone to do it and write about it. Any other mag would have been talking billet, chrome, and "art" but never ride the thing.

Anyway, detaching lips from rear end and calling it a night.

Old 08-24-2004, 06:56 PM   #115
apwired
Registered Member

Yep, we're kidding Chicago.... one chopper review in the history of MO is just way too many choppers for all you MO-rons to handle... its all a joke. Tomorrow when you login, all the chopper stories will be gone. Psych!

One more thing about that post - some of those internet savvy motorcycle sophisticats actually like to read about bikes like this, some of them are even smart enough to RUN a website, figure that one out!

Too bad those that like chops aren't MO subscribers yet.

The chopperflop site however, made both sean and I snarf our milk and cookies! thanks for that one. -ap
apwired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 06:58 PM   #116
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

More and more, on reflection, I think the Daytona stacks up well in the "real world". It was in a "baddest sport bike" test it came up a little short. In a "baddest sport bike that is most comfortable/versatile/livable test" I would expect it to compete strongly for an overall win.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 02:22 AM   #117
Neal
Founding Member

Default Re: Build your own

LOL...we talking different era......I built mine in 69-70 era and had less than 1K in it...course it NEVER ran good. I could a bought a real nice custom pan for 900 but didnt have the cash...thought building my own chopper would be cool and I bought parts payday to payday.Even accounting for inflation things have really changed
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 02:44 AM   #118
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Build your own

Damn Neal, I was just a kid drooling on those things in 69-70. riding dirtbikes then, but wasn't old enough to hit the street until 76.
Old 08-25-2004, 02:56 AM   #119
anrajala
Founding Member

But where are the videoclips when Fonzie is "interviewing" various young and desperate models for the photo shoot-out?

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 03:04 AM   #120
bigjames
Premium Member

I was going to post something about Indian Larry's bikes and how MO really needs to review one of them or interview the man. He is one of those rare breed who understands 'Bikers' and 'Motorcyclists', and how they are alike and different.

Saying that, he sounds like he knows bikes and how to make them work. Yeah, a chopper that turns. Good luck, see what you all can do!

BigJames
bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote