Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   2004 Big Dog Ridgeback (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/2496-2004-big-dog-ridgeback.html)

W650Steve 08-24-2004 03:04 PM

Re: 2004 Big Dog Ridgeback

I'd like to see some more chopper stories. As long as you continue to hold them to the same standards as any other motorcycle, I think that it will make for some very entertaining reading.

mile_eater 08-24-2004 03:56 PM

Re: 2004 Big Dog Ridgeback

Will you people drop the political jabs? I can rip you a new one in the political arena... it's what I do... I spend all day debating that crap with others...

But just because we ignore your idiotic assertions doesn't make you right. It just means that we don't care. We don't come here for witty political banter. We come here for bikes... and chicks... dammit.

mile_eater 08-24-2004 04:04 PM

Re: Not Big Dog's best bike

Maybe he's just sick of your mindless twaddle. while I hate seeing the boards reduced to political flamewars... and in-spite of the fact that I hate the way Bush is running things... Come November, I will renew my subscription just for the privilage of rubbing your loathsome little nose in what little remains of Kerry there are.

We're watching a political meltdown Kpaul. Enjoy the show, and get ready for the worst loss since Mondale.

sarnali 08-24-2004 04:18 PM

Re: Build your own

That's right. I built mine because I couldn't afford to buy a running Shovel. Mine took 6 mos. and about $5k to build, a few peices at a time.

A buddy of mine bought a '64 Pan chopper that was a club bike for $1600 but it was in pretty sad shape and he wound up spending another $3k getting it running good.

I started out with a frame, rear wheel and oil tank sitting on a 4x4 in my garage for $500 and went from there.

I bought my '78 Sporty for $2200, but running stock shovel's were about $5k up front. No way I could afford that.

mile_eater 08-24-2004 04:26 PM

Re: Not Big Dog's best bike

moron. Are you implying Kerry is not a liar? Grow up boy. Anyone who has (R) or (D) beside their name is a liar. All of them! Honest John Kerry contradicts himself in his own books. While his medal certificates claims he was wounded by enemy fire, he wrote in his own book that he had faced no enemy fire, 9 days after the event that he supposedly won his medal at!

His own campaign manager is backing off his statements.

I know you're just a kid, but you've got a lot to learn.

sarnali 08-24-2004 04:34 PM

Re: Build your own

You can use a ratchet top trans for a hand banger, you just need to run tin primarys and a long clutch arm, then run a rod to the clutch peddle and bolt a hand shift on the trans. drum instead of the shift linkage and off you go.

Bobbers are the only way, rigid frame, stock rake, about 2 inchs stretch in the down tubes, 4 or 6 over single or dual disc and a 16 or 19 inch front wheel makes them sit just right.

Maybe it's time for me to build another one.