Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 08-12-2004, 04:52 AM   #31
kowalke67
Founding Member

Default Re: Buell S3 vs Kawasaki Z1000

LMAO, ROTFL, LOL, and all the other corn ball Internet forum acronym shyt for that's funny (yet, sadly, true).

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-12-2004, 04:59 AM   #32
P-Ratt
Premium Member

The ones with the fringe?
FZ1
P-Ratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 08:42 AM   #33
VFRider
Registered Member

Johnny B,

I was watching a TV show on Discovery Channel (might have been TLC) about Motorcycles last weekend, and up pops your picture. There I am sitting on my couch and suddenly there's the infamous John Burns on my TV screen. They read some quote you had made, which was all good, but what caught my attention was the caption under your picture.

"John Burns - President Motorcycle.com"

Care to comment?

Hail to the Chief, Baby!
VFRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 09:19 AM   #34
BBD_Racing
Founding Member

Yet again I am forced to point out that Buell's motors are embarrassments to American engineers.

Erik's novel and well engineered chassis solution is a band-aid placed atop an inherently poor engine design. The paleo-moto design is hammered home every single time the revs fall below 2500. Which is every single time you start it, every single stoplight, every single parking lot maneuver. In other words, often.

Besides, we were talking about whether the Z vibrates, not the Buell.
BBD_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 04:17 PM   #39
davegermano
Registered Member

An I4 will never sound anything like a twin, I don't care what pipe you buy......
davegermano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 04:38 AM   #40
lcarlson
Founding Member

Default Buell S3 vs Kawasaki Z1000 - a pointless comparison

The only thing these two bikes have in common is two wheels. To my eye, the Z1000 is a particularly cheap looking variation in a sea of fundamentally indistinguishable Japanese in-line fours. It's probably a pretty good motorcycle, but I wouldn't want one. The older Buells, OTOH, are elegant classics: simple, solid, cleanly designed and fabricated. They are not the fastest machines around, but they are plenty fast for street riding, and the torque curve is pure pleasure. Click into third gear and you can reel in any twisty mountain road with no shifting required. As Burns has noted, at cruising speeds they are as smooth as anything around. And personally, I like the gentle thud of the big twin at idle. There is, in short, nothing like the tube-framed Buells. Keep it - it will be a classic. when your I4 is rusting in the junkyard.

M2 Cyclone, R1150R, and Nomad Fi
lcarlson is offline   Reply With Quote