Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 08-04-2004, 02:42 PM   #1
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: 2005 Victory Motorcycle Lineup

Now that "Hammer" is sweet. I take back what I said about Vic's. Un-Harley.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-04-2004, 02:45 PM   #2
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Okay, I guess. The Hammer is pretty cool, with the 250 tire and the six speed, but I still can't get over their engine styling. Could they make it any more plain? The cylinders look more like scaled down models of skyscrapers than parts of a motorcycle engine.

And guys, please, PLEASE stop making the Touring Cruiser. You've grown well past that stage of awful styling with your new bikes. Just make the Kingpin into its replacement.

Old 08-04-2004, 02:58 PM   #3
F451
Founding Member

Default aNESSthetized

I think it is time to rid themselves of the Ness team. I mean they have something going and then those goofy Kingpin fenders from some lost Ness era? And those gawd awful tribal quasi flames--yuck. Saddle bags that have no capacity because of the staggered one-sided exhaust system (it's called bagger pipes boys). The Hammer has promise, but what happened to the rear fender and struts? Can you say afterthought? Lime frickin' green...are the Teutul's in the house, because that's as about lame as their crap. Still I give Victory credit and wish them success--with a few changes to their designs and designers.
F451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 03:01 PM   #4
F451
Founding Member

Default Re: aNESSthetized

One last thing...nuke the old frumpy Touring Cruiser lineup. What a dinosaur of bad taste. Was it a vegetarian or a flesh eater. Either way, it's a relic.
Old 08-04-2004, 03:14 PM   #5
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: aNESSthetized

No kidding. That's one of the ugliest production cruisers ever made.
Old 08-04-2004, 04:53 PM   #6
pdad13
Founding Member

My two cents (which is about all it's worth):

I happen to like the Hammer. I see a bit of cafe racer there. Different for a cruiser. Now, if they wouldn't add that God awful tribal pattern. Haven't we seen enough of that crap?

The Vegas is okay. The 8-ball is the way to go here. The Vegas looks best in basic black.

Not a fan of the Kingpin. The fenders are just not appealing to my eye. It does evoke a few old Ness designs that I hated. I give them points for trying to be different, though.

The Touring Cruiser...ehhhh...I think enough has been said about that one.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 05:33 PM   #7
fireworks
Founding Member

I wish they'd build a more standard motorcycle like the Sportster as well. I don't like the forward foot control thing but I like the styling of Victory's in general.

I think the 260(?) on the Hammer is probably too big. It looks dumb. It's not a chopper so the lines don't work very well. Too bad really, it looked like it was a shot at bringing back some of the SportCruiser they used to make.

The 8 Ball has the most gimmicky name I have ever heard for a bike. They might as well have called it the 'Night Rider', I can feel the chill down my spine already. Does anybody actually buy a bike because of names like that?
fireworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 06:40 PM   #8
Buzglyd
Founding Member

What's with the grab handles on the mufflers of the Touring Cruiser?

A friend of mine works in the film industry and shot the new commercial for the Hammer. He thought it was pretty cool looking.

The biggest styling problem Victory has to deal with is the engine. The DOHC engine is really tall and difficult to style around. Oh, I forgot, it's "modern."

Yamaha and Kawasaki now both use pushrod designs for their popular cruisers. The jugs are a lot shorter that way.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 07:20 PM   #9
F451
Founding Member

I have to agree that the engine needs a design redo. Too boring and not much you can do to it.
Old 08-04-2004, 08:56 PM   #10
ebass
Founding Member

A hooligan naked? A sport tourer? Are we talking about Buell or Victory here SA?

As one who has actually seen and sat on the new bikes, I can assure you that the Hammer is a stunning looking bike in person. If they ride as good as they look, they'll have a bigger winner than the Vegas on their hands.
ebass is offline   Reply With Quote