Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 08-05-2004, 01:59 PM   #31
asphanaut
Founding Member

Default Re: 2005 Victory Motorcycle Lineup

While my old original V92C has sort of "it ain't nothin but what it is" appeal to it - and I'm keepin' it as an original, I must admit that plane jane has to go in view of its super model sisters in their line-up.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-05-2004, 02:01 PM   #32
asphanaut
Founding Member

check the black Hammer on their website. It's like an 8-ball - only with bigger... balls.
Old 08-05-2004, 02:08 PM   #33
asphanaut
Founding Member

we are talking about cruisers here. See I've got a Victory so I can ride between crashes on my super-awesome handling Ninja!

By the way. maybe Victory jus might like to make some money. You know - dollars?

I watch those stupid chop shop custom cruiser shows and they sell those unridable masses of gleaming metal for the big, huge bucks. Somebody likes 'em - and doesn't care much how they ride. Perhaps Victory noticed that too and would like to tap into those fat wallets with fat tire.

That said... make me a bike I want to rip on. Naked sport tourer seems a good place to start. How about a naked V-four built for speed and looks ?!!
Old 08-05-2004, 02:12 PM   #34
asphanaut
Founding Member

glad to hear it
Old 08-05-2004, 02:16 PM   #35
asphanaut
Founding Member

Default Re: who buys these?

Hey Clone dome,

If I have to explain it to you then you wouldn't understand anyway.

but on a good day whent he sun is shining an warming your juices sit down and try hard to think. better looking, better built than your Jap parted H-D clone of an old Indian.
Old 08-05-2004, 04:25 PM   #36
ddlewis
Registered Member

Default Re: who buys these?

Hey Clone dome,

If I have to explain it to you then you wouldn't understand anyway.

Hey, that's catchy. You make that up yourself? And btw, do you happen to own a set of arm chaps?

but on a good day whent he sun is shining an warming your juices sit down and try hard to think. better looking, better built than your Jap parted H-D clone of an old Indian.

Ok, now I suspect that you are stoned and missed my point ..Granted - Victory bikes may be a match for Harley in build quality and appearance. However they are also close in price. They appear to be going after Harley customers, who are brand loyal to a fault, doesn't look like a strong position..
ddlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 04:46 PM   #37
fastoldman
Founding Member

Default Re: Spaketh not, ye sinner

wow
fastoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 06:59 PM   #38
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Spaketh not, ye sinner

For the Angel Lucasifer was cast down into the pit. Forever to be known as the Prince of Darkness.

And there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth for the heathen who took Lucas refridgerators were forever banished to the outer darkness where only warm brewskis were served.

And they didth suffer mightily the pangs of torment and their teeth were rattled from their heads as the evil cohort of Lucasifer, the dark demon Girling, didst punish them on the cobblestoned paths to hell.
Old 08-05-2004, 07:07 PM   #39
seruzawa
The Toad

I still can't figure out why a motorcycle with a torgue spread and power band as wide as the Mississippi needs a 6 speed tranny anyhow.

It's not a peaky 600-4 fer heck's sake. The six speeds on a bike like my Magna is overkill as it is.

Old 08-05-2004, 08:12 PM   #40
pdad13
Founding Member

No one is arguing that point. Yes, money is the motivator. I'm not blaming Victory, I'm blaming the rubes who believe that having a huge tire in the back somehow makes them more masculine--and their bike perform better.

I'm all for styling, but when it becomes the end-all, without even a passing nod to function, it's just silly to me.

It's just as sill
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote