Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 08-10-2004, 10:48 AM   #141
asphanaut
Founding Member

Default Re: who buys these?

I sure am -just ask me!

Umm I dind't say they were made in China - that's why I was aksing for you to comment. What? I gotta do my own research everytime I want to ask a question?

Now I'm gonna go check it out for myself so I can answer your cardboard question.

Anyway if it was just cardboard - I hope it was the Real Deal cardboard - you know, made by the oldest cardboard company that didn't go bankrupt - not one of these johnny come lately jump on the cardboard bandwagon outfits for cryin' out loud !

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-10-2004, 11:08 AM   #142
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Dude, you sound like you think you bought a second-class bike. You worry about "the Harley guys" waaaaaaaay too much. Sounds like you wish you bought one to me. Maybe you need to ride more and worry about what people say less. Fact is, the Harley is the real deal and yours isn't. Get over it already. If you can't, go sell the thing and buy a Harley. The way you cry about em makes me think you want one.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:33 PM   #143
asphanaut
Founding Member

Oh geeeez, you're actually taking all this seriously? Can't a guy have a little good natured banter going on?

OK. Since you seem to think i care what you think. I'll get serious for brief moment...

Do I have H-D envy?

No. If i did I'd go buy one for crying out loud.

Do I care what H-D guys think of my Victory? No. H-D guys and thinking ... ummm (j/k!)

Do I care what you think the Real Deal is?

No. For all I care Pepsi can be the Real Thing.

Do I care if you think a Victory is the Real Deal?

No.

Do I think choosing an H-D is a good choice

Yes, if you want one.

Do I think one company is better than the other?

No. But that's just me.

Am I happy with my Victory?

Yes - as happy as I can be with a cruiser.

Why do I go back forth with you over this?

What - we can't kick each others bikes around and enjoy it? you weren't having fun?! did you grow up in house with only sisters? (j/k - ease off!)

If you want to think H-D is the real deal then by all means think it. If to you that means the oldest company that makes cruisers and therefore is the reason all other cruisers exist then fine. You're probably right. If that's what "real deal" is to you then great. There's as much merit to that as anything else I guess. Then by that definition then H-D is the real deal.

Also I checked into it and found no truth to the rumor that H-D engines are made in China - see my retraction in really fine print in next month's issue.

So when we ride together you can say, "I got the real deal" And I'll just say, "Yep you sure do." I'll still mighty fine about getting a real american, that really looks good, really goes better, really costs less, and really doesn't attract me-too cruiser buyers.

BTW, and this is a serious question to a serious Harley guy (not an accusation!) what annoys you more: all the me-too cruiser companies.. or all the me-too H-D buyers who think that buying the Real Deal makes them the Real Deal?
Old 08-11-2004, 03:13 AM   #144
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

What annoys me, is people that attach their ego to their bike no matter what brand, be it Harley, Honda or whatever, and then spout crap about every other brand but theirs. Damn, just ride what you like and leave the other guys out of it. What people ride, and why they ride it makes no difference to me. If buying a Harley makes someone feel cool then more power to em. Just like your purchase made you feel like you got a better bike for a better price than a Harley. Good on you. Victory makes nice motorcycles. I never said any different. You say I'm a "Harley Guy". Well, I've owned more Hondas than Harleys in my lifetime. I currently own a Kaw ZX9R and a Yam V-Max. Sound like a "Harley Guy" to you? I also own a Shovelhead and an Electra-Glide Classic. One for riding, and one for picking parts up off the street! I enjoy ALL motorcycles, and if I had enough money, I would have one of every brand out there. Lots of people dislike Harleys. Most of em never even sat on one. That's what bugs me more than any RUB on his new Harley, or pimple faced squid on his new 600. If I'm going to dislike something, I at least want to ride it. Friendly banter is fine, but over the internet, it's hard to see friendly from the same old BS. If we rode together, I wouldn't mention if I had what and you had what. Just riding is the important thing. I never really cared what I was on, as long as I was riding. That's my take anyway.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:47 AM   #145
asphanaut
Founding Member

I hear you and agree with all that - right down to the ZX-9R. Mine's a '96. You're right about the banter thing - hard to convey in text. And if you can't have a little friendly ribbing going on in forums about the funnest thing on earth (ok, 2nd funnest thing), then what the heck is the point? It's not like I come on here for any serious conversation. I do enough of that in the rest of my life. So I guess I'll just go back to riding alot (something I do every day on my commute), reading some, and writing none.

Adios