Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 08-09-2004, 09:23 AM   #131
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Nobody believes them anyhow.

Usually HP & Torque figures, as given by the Ad copy people, are BS anyhow.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-09-2004, 12:50 PM   #132
asphanaut
Founding Member

Default Re: who buys these?

Oh, ok, now I finally know what "the real deal" really means. Dang! After all these years too! Ok, so Old is real. Ok. So if H-D is the only bike maker who can be the "Really Old Deal" then maybe Victory can be the "Really New Deal" - oh that is basically what they say, "The New American Motorcycle" and all.

What's the deal? Who cares. Real Schmeel. Someone made a good point about the government bail out of H-D ... hmmm, maybe THAT's where this "Real Deal" business got started. And then there's these engines H-D has mfg'd in China (is that true? care to comment on the "real"ity of that?)

Using the "Real" distinction that puts H-D in class by itself... H-D could market their bikes under the slogan : "Come ride the Real Deal: Really Old Company with Engines Really made in China"

hey, but seriously, I'm with you. H-D makes some nice bikes. If you like 'm ride 'em... and have a... Really... good time.

Old 08-09-2004, 12:55 PM   #133
asphanaut
Founding Member

Default Re: 8-Ball?

Yeah and "Monster" shows alot of imagination.

Good on ya. And doesn't Duc have one they call "Monster Dark?"

Old 08-09-2004, 02:09 PM   #134
triumph900
Founding Member

I did. 2001 SportCruiser. Nice bike, for WHAT IT IS. Not my only bike, but it probably could be.

It's a cruiser. The American market is cruiser heavy. Kind of makes sense, once you get past the brand loyalty. Plus, I think that's the only thing us mayonnaise eaters can build!

I sell Victorys, part time (Saturdays). I see many different kinds of buyers. Most are looking for a big cruiser, either a first timer, or someone moving up. Some care that it's american made, some don't. Some flat out say "I don't want a Harly". I usually don't ask why.

The fit and finish on the bike is very good, as is the technology (FI, OHC, 4 valve/cyl., etc.) Good stock performance.

Is it "the real deal"? It is to me. It's a real bike. It runs well. I like it. It's never let me down. We have customers with 70K, 80K 100K miles on Victory's, and they're still running well, so it seems like they are well built.

THIS IS NOT MEANT TO BE A FLAME, but, it never ceases to amaze me how riders of a particular brand will savage the opinions of anyone who makes a less than flattering remark about said brand. Regardless of brand, it's a motorcycle. Big damn deal. Ride what you want and ignore comments that hold your favorite brand in an ill light.

Again, I ask this earnestly, no flame intended. I saw a comment about Japanese goverment support for Honda Corp. I would love to see what, specifically that support is, i.e. details and/or supporting documentation. I am very curious about that.

Now I feel better...
triumph900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 03:53 PM   #135
triumph900
Founding Member

Default Re: 2005 Victory Motorcycle Lineup

This started out about a 6 speed transmission, and ended up as a complete pile of sh-t.

STOP THIS CRAP. G*D DAMNIT, THIS SUCKS.
Old 08-09-2004, 03:56 PM   #136
triumph900
Founding Member

Default Re: California Dreamin

Come on damn it, ignore this master of (flame) bait.

It WILL go away IF you people QUIT RESPONDING TO IT.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:14 AM   #137
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Yeah, the engines are made in China. All those engine manufacturing plants they have in Wisconsin that I toured are just cardboard fronts to handle the coverup operation. I'm glad you saw through the whole thing. You are one smart feller.
Old 08-10-2004, 05:27 AM   #140
triumph900
Founding Member

Default Re: 2005 Victory Motorcycle Lineup

Up yours, A$$h*le