Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-28-2004, 03:36 AM   #1
ZRX_bullock
Founding Member

Default Re: 2005 Harleys & Buells

Wow 1st post. Ahh what can I say... Nice promotional piece. Ahh lots of colorful pictures.

Ahh its not worth the trouble.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-28-2004, 03:46 AM   #2
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Just thinking about the great flame wars I'll be missing is bringing a tear to my eye.

Oh well, time to ride.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 04:11 AM   #3
Winger4Life
Founding Member

Wow, that Softail Deluxe is a nice looking bike...but why would they not have rubber mounts on that motor?!?!?!!? I will have to pass on the vibrations. For a couple minutes I was actually thinking about one.
Winger4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 04:17 AM   #4
bigjames
Premium Member

Default It's counter balanced!

They don't shake, REALLY! I couldn't believe it either (being a rubber mounted HD rider). But it is true.
bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 04:31 AM   #5
bigjames
Premium Member

Pretty shiney motorcycles! No, they are not Squid Worthy, but that is not the point. HD is doing what HD does better than anyone, make pretty bikes! No they may not handle like a sport bike (Buells excepted of course as they can run circles around MANY sport bikes, but I am talking Harley here), but would you expect a Cadillac Fleetwood to handle like a Honda S2000? Didn't think so. So, you sport bike guys, I know you can't resist flaming HD, but, what did the last bike you sell go for when compared to cost new? How many ladies (I am VERY married so don't give a rats ass about this one, but you youngins might) actually stop to look at your bike? When did motorjournalists go 'oohhh' when they saw that Big 3 sport bike with bold new graphics appear? Oh, never, what a surprise....saying that, let the flame fest begin! I still say they are the best bikes made. Have had many bikes, NONE of them have lasted as long as 2 of my Harleys did! One still running strong with 182,000 miles! Ok squids, your turn now. Us folks who work for a living should have posted all we need to by now.

BigJames
Old 07-28-2004, 04:31 AM   #6
Winger4Life
Founding Member

Default Re: It's counter balanced!

perhaps i shall reconsider...anyone know when these are going to show up at the dealers?
Winger4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 04:32 AM   #7
bigjames
Premium Member

Default A Wasted first post

is a horrible thing....
Old 07-28-2004, 04:45 AM   #8
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: It's counter balanced!

I always make fun of my buddy's balanced softail. I tell him anything that smooth can't be a real Harley.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 05:01 AM   #9
Thig
Founding Member

Same old argument, look at the resale value. I bought my Honda nd Yamaha to ride not sell. Yes the resale value sucks, but I don't buy a motorcycle as an investment looking to make a buck.

And the argument about getting the ladies is so lame. Does it really take a Harley for you to get a girl? Most of the tattoo plastered, beer drinking, pot belly women I have seen at HOG rallies I would not want on the back of my bike.
Thig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 05:03 AM   #10
jtyyy
Founding Member

Reading the review of the XB9SX, I can't help but be impressed withe bike's performance.

But it must be the ugliest new bike I've seen, it's even uglier than any other Buell I've seen and that's saying something. As much fun as MOrons make of Harley riders and their posing, we must admire those that ride Buells for their ability to see beyond the bikes' tragically bad looks and get the bike based only on performance.

jtyyy is offline   Reply With Quote