Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-28-2004, 06:28 AM   #31
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default Re: 2005 Harleys & Buells

I never thought i would do it but i may have to actually break down and Purchase one them 9sx things. crap...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-28-2004, 06:32 AM   #32
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Lucky ****

Rat on. The styling is kinda take-it-or-leave-it, the only real issue I have is the chrome looking airbox cover(?)on the left side, I think thats a bit much. A set of drag pipes should take care of the tinny sound. The one I sat on was pretty comfortable but you're taller than me and I didn't ride it so.....

I figured it would have more power than the V-Max. Triumph is putting alot of eggs in this one so I think they'll support it pretty well, their accessory list is pretty good on their other lines, not at HD levels but not bad.

Money wise I think they're in the ballpark at $15k, most big bore cruisers are close to that and people pay alot more for Harley's then tack on another $4~5 grand for stage 2's and that and still don't come close to 140 pony's so who knows? Triumph is a smaller player but they're growing at a good rate as the name gets out there more. Right now my local dealer is down to three new bikes and nothing in the pipe untill the new models come out.

When I can afford another bike the Rockets on the list, next to a Superglide and a Bonnie. Glad you got a chance to wring one out.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 06:34 AM   #33
seruzawa
The Toad

Yeah but only one of those Harleys is a REAL part-spitting oil-fogging Harley. The other is one of those poofy ones like Buz rides.
Old 07-28-2004, 06:45 AM   #34
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

That FXDC Super Glide looks nice. But, does it come with Bronson Rocks?

And can it magically transform from a Super Glide, to a Sprint ERS, and back again, like for winning desert races?

Wow, I want one.

Old 07-28-2004, 06:51 AM   #35
sarnali
Founding Member

Bronson rode a Sportster. Did you save your watch cap and flightjacket?
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 07:06 AM   #36
fastoldman
Founding Member

900 monster, not the most comfortable or easy to use either, but pretty decent all around. also ridden vfr, r1150gs, r1100s, sv, cb1. sorry,typing with one hand with baby in the other, better stop now.
fastoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 07:07 AM   #37
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Yeah, I know...remember the Bronson rock episode? Where he goes for a trail-ride, and ends up hitting a log, and riding off a cliff (just as a storm's approaching).

He fixes the bike with rocks, moss and an old log, I think. Maybe some black tape. I can't remember. Anyway, he got amazing mileage out of that little Sporty tank.

Maybe Harley can make a Bronson Replica!

One of my ex-girlfiends stole my watch cap, pea coat, and flight jacket. Keep an eye on that stuff.
Old 07-28-2004, 07:12 AM   #38
seruzawa
The Toad

You apparently have never seen into the service area of an HD dealership. If you can

sneak a look you will notice that next to the tool rollaway is a full assortment of mosses, rocks and logs. That and the duct tape and baling wire make a complete HD repair facility.

I'm surprised you didn't know this.
Old 07-28-2004, 07:16 AM   #39
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Thanks for the feedback

That's because you have the throttle pinned. I'm speaking of those times (like typical city riding, or managing traction out of slow corners) when you are using partial throttle and the engine is accellerating through the 1500 - 2500 rpm range.
Old 07-28-2004, 07:19 AM   #40
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Don't forget the BFH that is ever present for "fine tuning". -Sean