Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-31-2004, 12:33 PM   #192
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: 2005 Harleys & Buells

That makes it unanimous.
Old 07-31-2004, 11:53 PM   #194
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Give me the Dealer's name & number, and I promise you, it won't be there tomorrow.
Old 08-01-2004, 12:04 AM   #195
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: How about some subjective comments?

I wrote both the GS article and the Buell article. To tell the truth, I honestly don't know why I was so obvious with the *CLAIMED* stuff on the Buells. I assure you it isn't a prejudice. I think it was merely different moods at different times and perhaps a bit of desire not to be perceived as a shill for Buell.

The "How to Order a 2005 FJR article was pulled, after Yamaha sold all of them & requested that we pull the article, because they didn't want to deal with so many disappointed FJR hunters. (at least that's what they tole me) -Sean
Old 08-01-2004, 04:10 AM   #196
buzzy250
Founding Member

Just wondering how many of the parts other than the frame actually have 182000 miles on it?
buzzy250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 05:39 AM   #197
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Go to your rooms! All of you!

I go on a nice 1500 mile ride and you all participate in a flame war without me.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 03:34 PM   #199
pdad13
Founding Member

Ah, yes, not the best place for riding. I didn't have a bike at school, but I can't imagine I would have gotten much use out of it if I did. Would have been nice for the commute between campuses in the spring. Then again, I don't remember ever having much of a spring. Maybe the last week of the spring semester and then it was time to go home.

I do remember some nice Canadian girls, but that's another story...

Go Bulls.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 04:08 PM   #200
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: SCREAMIN' EAGLE VRSCSE V-ROD

I gotta disagree with ya here, GB. My buddy bought a 2003 VROD a few months ago with about 160 miles on it for $15,500. At the time it looked like a steal. Now it's looking more like par for the course. The VROD doesn't seem to appeal to the typical Harley buyer, at least not yet.

I've ridden it a few times. The first few times I really liked it except for forward pegs. Couldn't find the damn brake pedal for the life of me--or the even the pegs a good part of the time. Then I rode it on the highway in traffic on a damp and windy day. I didn't like it quite as much as I had before. Those wheels are like a sails to cross winds, and I did notice some headshake when applying more generous throttle. I didn't feel quite as confident on it as I had the first few times. I'm sure the problems can be easily fixed, but at what price?

I'd still much rather have your Buell.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote