Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-30-2004, 04:48 AM   #161
triumph900
Founding Member

Default Re: KPaul The Great predicts

Not this year though...All pre-sold in my buddys Triumph dealership. Can't get enough.
triumph900 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-30-2004, 05:22 AM   #164
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: 2005 Harleys & Buells

Yeah your a REAL MAN. Tell us more stories of how you just knock over all the women. It was so interesting, I can't get enough of it. That's what real men do right? Brag about themselves? Let me guess, you're a "winner"?? LOL I'll stay on the loser side if that's what you are. Sorry, but I'm not a politically correct asswype that you are used to dealing with. Maybe one day you'll figure out what you really are.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:24 AM   #165
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Dude, you can't tell him that. He's a REAL MAN and a lady killer at that. Didn't you know? Maybe your parents treated you bad too?? LOL
Old 07-30-2004, 05:26 AM   #166
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: It's counter balanced!

Dude, you needed to stop talking out your ass about Harleys about a year ago. Just wanted to point it out.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:31 AM   #167
triumph900
Founding Member

Default Re: Don't like em, don't buy one.

Well, since them thar Jap thangs don't hole thar valuuuu, you should have plenty o' cash left over for that Buell.
triumph900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 06:34 AM   #168
caderider
Registered Member

Default Re: H-D Springer HypoLo Deluxe Announced

Hey - I thought MRALLCAPS was supposed to use ALL CAPS - what gives here? IMPOSTER! lol
Old 07-30-2004, 06:46 AM   #169
cfc
Registered Member

Default Screamin Eagle - I don't get it

I see the screamin' eagle bikes and I think, now they've put out a bike with acceptable power, and some nice billet / chrome pieces. This should be worth a few bucks more, but when I check the price it's completely out of line. Electra Glide - Ultra Classic = 31k vs Sreamin Eagle = 46k (cdn)

The dealer started talking about how they have at least $8000 (cdn) in goodies (chrome) as opposed to the regular bike. I suggested that this is the bolt on price, but when you are putting them on from the factory, are you trying to tell me that the billet floor boards cost the company $500 more than the standard ones? I doubt it. I suggested to him that they (motor company) have taken a regular bike, put on the genuine parts at retail price and charged the buyer for the labour to put them on. At that price you should get a box with all the stock parts when you buy one.

He then got into what the motor upgrades were and I commented that when they are building a motor the costs are pretty much the same for all the pieces, just the sizes are different. I could see a price jump if they were offering hand polished / ported / flow tested heads and then dyno tune each unit.

He moved on to paint to tell me that the paint job was worth 5k. Looking at the custom paint on the wall I see that includes the parts as well, so you are essentially buying the fenders, tank, fairing etc. twice.

They way I look at it if you could buy the stock bike, put 4k into the motor $1500 into paint, put on all the billet pieces you like, sell the stock ones and be about 10 k ahead.

Like I say I don't get the screamin eagle idea, though I see there are at least 1500 - 2000 people every year who do!
cfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 07:30 AM   #170
pdad13
Founding Member

Ah, who are you so wise in the ways of Western New York?

Didn't they almost not get killed by couple of passable teams last year? That's progress, right?

Ya know, I haven't been back there in over 10 years. How's that stadium? You been around there?
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote