Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   2005 Harleys & Buells (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/2464-2005-harleys-buells.html)

rhust 07-29-2004 08:05 AM

Re: 2005 Harleys & Buells

Unfortunately we have to keep imagining. It'd be great if they came out with an updated Thunderbolt. They'd have to ditch the idea of putting fuel in the frame unless they can fold space-time and get another gallon or two in there. Come on Eric - don't forget us old 'Bolt fans...stretch that firebolt, give us a real seat and ressurect the Thunderbolt!

SilverBullet 07-29-2004 08:09 AM

Re: It's counter balanced!

It would seem that the Rocket III is more of a performer than a looker (it looks kind of like crap). But it feels good to sit on it and you can LEAN. Lets not forget that everybody is raving about that twist-and-shoot-out action of the accelerator.

rhust 07-29-2004 08:28 AM

Re: SCREAMIN' EAGLE VRSCSE V-ROD

No one bought a Harley OR V-Max for the HP - it's about torque...

And why would you spend on the 'Rod when you you could by a 'Max and a Sportster for the same coin? Gotta impress those coffee-house mamas?

sarnali 07-29-2004 09:06 AM

Re: Sheesh!

My 4cyl. Ranger pick up can out run a 13 year old Suzuki, and it can haul stuff too

longride 07-29-2004 09:08 AM

Re: It's counter balanced!

What a second. Why don't you take your Wing to bike nights and "zipping areound town"? Isn't it faster, better handling, more reliable and better looking than any motorcycle ever made? Plus it doesn't leave oil stains in the garage like your buddies does. How could you be exploring your options? The Wing is the only option. That's what you have said until now. Get the 2000/145 hp Wing then. Wouldn't that make more sense than getting a junk Harley that leaks oil and breaks?

sarnali 07-29-2004 09:12 AM

The black and shiney V-Rod looks pretty cool,

There's a couple of various colored and silver V-Rods in the parking lot here at Large Chicago Based Aerospace and Defense Co. They seem to sell pretty well around here.

longride 07-29-2004 09:15 AM

The V-Rod is an OK bike, but that feet forward riding position and solid wheels really bungs up the mix. The Screaming Eagle may be as fast as a V-Max, but at what cost? I got my Max with 1500 miles on it for 6 grand, and it was in showroom condition. It was a steal. Most go for around 8G in that condition. That gives plenty of $$$ to make a few mods that will smoke a V-Rod easy. Cool? The V-Max is every bit of that. It's just 20 years old this year, so it's cool is a bit worn. Will the V-Rod be cool 20 years from now? The Max already is.

Betamax 07-29-2004 09:42 AM

For the record, lots of chicks dig sportbikes.

Beautiful young babes stop and stare at sportbikers, just like tattooed ex-convict *****s stare at Harley riders.

The other day I went to the post office in full leathers and the hot little babe behind the counter got all excited and asked me lots of questions about my bike. She was seriously checking me out, which was pretty cool, though I have a great girlfriend and so probably won't pursue it any further.

Then again, I'm not "very married" (i.e. whipped) so you never know....

longride 07-29-2004 09:46 AM

You sound like one hunk of manhood. Maybe you and KPaul should get together and break your arms patting yourselves on the back. Glad you informed us "for the record". We might not have known what a stud you were.

Betamax 07-29-2004 09:47 AM

people buy Buells for their performance? That's a new one.