Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   2005 Harleys & Buells (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/2464-2005-harleys-buells.html)

captainwhoopass 07-29-2004 07:25 AM

Re: SCREAMIN' EAGLE VRSCSE V-ROD

Well, yeah, but for $25,000 I could build a turbo V-Max that put out a lot more than 117bhp. And it would still sound cooler than a V-Rod.

schizuki 07-29-2004 07:39 AM

Re: 2005 Harleys & Buells

Go Bulls!

If they win a single game this year, I'm going to burn a car at Baird Point.

gbrummett 07-29-2004 07:56 AM

Funny thing, V-Rods seem to bring in a great re-sale and will probably be cool years from now. Ever see the price on a used V-Max?

Sorry, the V-Rod sounds great to me.

You're just mad because a factory produced Harley product will be just as fast as a V-Max.

tzima 07-29-2004 08:16 AM

It only took HD 20 years to catch up! Funny!

Winger4Life 07-29-2004 08:31 AM

yeah, but the sad part is only HD and Triumph HAVE caught up! What have all the other bike companies been doing????

Winger4Life 07-29-2004 08:32 AM

Considering how poorly the VRod has been selling I doubt the resale is good. Any HD dealer I have been in has at least three or four new Vrods for sale.

captainwhoopass 07-29-2004 08:37 AM

I couldn't care less if it's as fast as a V-Max or not.

And, yes, I have looked at a used price on a V-Max. Obviously you haven't or you wouldn't have made that comment, because they have the best resale value of any Japanese bike made in the last 20 years.

And to say that V-Rods bring great resale is just plain wrong. I can go buy a new one at a Harley dealer right now for $2000 off MSRP. I googled the V-Rod and came up with that price from Lancaster H-D in Pennsylvania, as it was the first dealer that came up in the search. I'm sure there's many more out there doing the same thing. Discounts are really great for resale value, y'know.

seruzawa 07-29-2004 09:01 AM

Does this mean that it will outrun my 13 year old shaft drive Suzuki GSX1100G? The regular V-Rod won't.

seruzawa 07-29-2004 09:01 AM

Does this mean that it will outrun my 13 year old shaft drive Suzuki GSX1100G? The regular V-Rod won't.

SilverBullet 07-29-2004 09:04 AM

I would really like to see a dyno graph with torque and hp to compare to the standard engine. Then I'd like to find out how much would it cost to make the engine changes to an existing V-Rod.

If the changes give it a substantial increase in low end torque... this may be the right powerplant for a light touring V-Rod variant.

I personally like the looks of the original all silver/aluminum V-Rod much better than this fancy painted one with chrome bits.