Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-19-2004, 03:51 PM   #81
12er
Founding Member

Default Re: A Suitcase You Can Wear

My buddies $450 tourmaster suit ripped up at 15mph. You get what you pay for. Go down in jeans and the ER staff will be cleaning your wounds with $100's instead of $20's. One day in the hospital is $1500 or more, $750 is a steal if you can avoid all that. If its comfortable, you'll wear it more, safer all around. To each their own though. That and on a valk the power ranger look probably isnt all that hip.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-19-2004, 03:57 PM   #82
12er
Founding Member

I ride with my vents open most of the time, no problems. I read that article last night, too funny. Theyre recommendation is to unzip a little a block or so from your destination. Problem solved.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 05:20 PM   #83
Lowrez
Founding Member

Default Rain proof here

My 'stich is a few years old and I've washed and reapplied the waterproofing once. That is all to say, it isn't anything special. I leave for work in the rain (not drizzle, but the wipers on full speed stuff) and arrive 30 minutes later bone dry. Not sure how other people get soaked, but I'll stay dry and happy.
Lowrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 05:22 PM   #84
Lowrez
Founding Member

Default Re: If you are worried about the heat...

Yeah, I looked at the old BMW riders 'stiches and picked blue. The red fades funny and the grey just looked awful to my eyes.
Lowrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 07:55 PM   #85
bcvaughan
Founding Member

Default Re: Wanky Helmet

cool suit. just spent some time talking to a pal who defends manufacturers when some squid spills and leaves dermis all over the tarmac.

had a comment about half helmets. he's defended two cases where the lid edge caught and turned the face into the the slab. ground out the eyeball and surrounding maxillary bone structure. kinda like the terminator with no steel underneath. no french kissing any time soon.

why wear that stuff, dude? uglier than *****, bugs in the teeth, and just waiting to grind your face into the rough.

enquiring minds want to know.
bcvaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 06:54 AM   #86
ValkBandit
Registered Member

i prolly ought to change my handle. the valk is history.

regarding protective gear ... i prefer the joe rocket armored jacket. works great. bought it second-hand for a hundred bux. six hundred bux savings--buys a lot o' beer, seewhatimean?
ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 07:34 AM   #87
pushrod
Founding Member

Navy Diver/EOD type... and sorta old. And that would be a drunken yeti with a very high pitched voice.

Maybe a "Crapalytic Converter"? Or how about "Defends"? Maybe mint suppositories?

How 'bout we just revel in the funk? I mean, if you can re-experience that pizza every time you belch in a full-face helmet, what's a little deja-phew when ya shuck the suit?

Since you're dropping the "Valk", what're you ridin' now?

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 09:05 AM   #88
Tigercub
Founding Member

Default Re: Ode to the good stuff

My Vanson jacket is about 12 years old and still in near as good a shape as when I bought it. I, however, cannot say the same for myself. For street riding that leather jacket is my least favorite riding jacket. I much prefer my Road Gear jacket. It's more comfortable.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 09:13 AM   #89
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: McCuddy

Well yeah, you used to rebuild Phantoms with channel locks and a cresent wrench,

What I'd like to know is why'd you need a Swiss Army Knife when you had a paper clip
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 09:14 AM   #90
Tigercub
Founding Member

Default Re: An expensive Suitcase You Can Wear

You would if you owned my bike!
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote