Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-18-2004, 01:11 PM   #51
mile_eater
Founding Member

Default How does this suit compare to Marsee?

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-18-2004, 02:11 PM   #52
obandoj
Founding Member

Default Re: I just crashed in my 'stich and...

I have not tried the suit, but I do have the electric vest and it sucks, it just does not get hot enough, I've had other vests that made you feel as if the sun was blasting on your back on 30 to 40 degree days, which is what they are supposed to do. After reading on some magazines about how great the Aerostich was, I sold my other vests on e-bay and purchased it, well as I said before it sucks and the manufacturer gave me a song and a dance about how their product is not designed to get as hot as the competition and since I had owned the damm thing for over 6 months there would be no refund!

They can kiss my a$$, I will never buy anything else from them!
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 02:12 PM   #53
obandoj
Founding Member

Default Re: A Suitcase You Can Wear

Lame
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 08:53 PM   #54
TuneREX
Founding Member

I've had a one-piece Roadcrafter since '97. I wear it almost every time I ride, even though I also own 2 complete 2-piece armored leather suits [a Hein Gericke and a Alpinestars]. This morning was a typical Roadcrafter day: I walked into the garage, looked at the leather hanging there, sighed, and grabbed the 'Stich, opened the vents and took off.

I think most of the above comments are correct. It's not really a rainsuit, not really a crash suit. But it gets worn when before I would have gone out with just jeans. And when I get to my destination, it comes off quickly and just rolls up to a package that's smaller than my either of my leather jackets alone.
TuneREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 10:40 PM   #55
Betamax
Founding Member

Default that's too bad

my vest works great; I would not want anything that gets hotter, it would be unbearable for me.
Betamax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 05:54 AM   #56
gbonacci
Founding Member

Default Re: A Suitcase You Can Wear - dirt or street!

I was pulling 3rd gear wheelies on my XR650R yesterday in the rain on a hard packed dirt and gravel road when my feet slid off the pegs and my ass slid off the seat. there i was bouncing hard off the road watching the xr skidding to a stop ahead.

Of course I had my aerostich one piece on at the time, and it's the first 'test' of it's crash protection since i boutgh it a few years ago and i can say it did it's job admirably. aside from my ego there was no damage to me or the suit! I use it for dual sport riding all the time and the thing is great as long as your not doing serious off road riding!

Now i know no more wheelies in the wet!!!!
gbonacci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 06:42 AM   #57
ValkBandit
Registered Member

Default Seven hundred sixty bucks??!! Break out the vaseline ...

i am sorry but i will never give anyone that much for a suit, no matter how well made it is. i will soldier on in my everyday textiles combined with a rain suit, when needed.
ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 06:53 AM   #58
nweaver
Founding Member

Default Can be cheaper in the long run...

My ~3 year old Joe Rocket pants are going to need replacement soon, and my ~3 year old Marsee jacket probably has only a couple more years, and isn't nearly as waterproof...

The 'stich is horribly expensive, but I'm really thinking of getting one as a replacement, because in the LONG run, it will be cheaper, as 10+ year lifespans seem quite commonplace.

nweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 07:37 AM   #59
Kenneth_Springhetti
Founding Member

Been wearing my 'Stitch regularly for about 4 years now. Thing fits like a glove, and is totally comfortable in all but the hottest of days. even then, better than a leather jacket by a long shot.

I never get wet except in a total down pour.

It reduces fatigue, its mostly water prooof, and its a great "New England weather" suit.

Wore a Tourmaster 1 piece, and it was $600 several years a go, and it was no where near the Aero quality. My wifes MotoPort 2 piece suit is close, but still not as beefy armor as Aero.

If you ride a sportbike, you should own this.

Ohh.. the $760 is much cheaper than the bill at the ER for cleaning your road rash....
Kenneth_Springhetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 08:25 AM   #60
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: An expensive Suitcase You Can Wear

I'd never wear anything, that was worth more than my motorcycle.