Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-16-2004, 05:04 PM   #21
slenk
Founding Member

Default Re: A Suitcase You Can Wear

I have a two piece Roadcrafter. I bought the top a little small, so remember their advice to go a little large. If you can go one piece, it is probably better to do it that way. Yes, the hi-viz yellow is a dirt magnet. My suit has made travel in cold/wet weather possible and enjoyable. I recently went over the North shore of L. Superior and was quite comfortable even when it rained, eh. They do get hot in hot weather, but you can just unzip the jacket a lot to get some air. They have a 'spaceman visitor' look. I went into the Route 60 diner in W Virginia and the waitress looked at me like I really was from another planet. She asked what I was doing! and I replied "This a diner isn't it." Perhaps if I'd held my arm up and said NANU NANU she would have immediately understood (or not). Anyway, if you plan to travel in possible s**t weather, I'd recommend it. - Steve
slenk is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-16-2004, 05:26 PM   #22
Patman
Founding Member

I'd been thinking about getting a Roadcrafter for some time. They are, after all, very good at what they're designed to do. I went so far as to contact the Rider Wearhouse and spoke with their sales staff because I was concerned about sizing. Depending on who I spoke to, I got a different answer each time. The fact that it takes quite some time for them to actually get the suit to you (I forget how long exactly, but it seemed excessive) coupled with the price of the suit (not unreasonable, but not inexpensive either), the odds that it might be the wrong size, and the hassle of having to return it if it was, made me decide against getting one. Is it wrong to want to try the bloody thing on before slapping down my hard earned cash?
Patman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 06:58 PM   #23
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: If you are worried about the heat...

The Dork/Cool tradeoff is always a tough one.

"There's a fine line between clever and stupid" - Nigel Tufnel
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 07:02 PM   #24
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Nothing but black...

I'd like a 'stitch in blue to match my bike or yaller for our 7mos. of ***** weather, or maybe red to match my current JR Ballistic suit and my red white and black Olympic sport gloves.

Any color would match my Nobby 2 RF900 so thats not a problem... After a season or three of rain, dust and spilled diesel road spray everything turns a kinda grimy grayish shade anyway so WTF.

The next suit I'd like to get is a Belstaff or Triumph textile or an Aerostitch if I'm flush, but so far my cheap-ass JR has kept me warm and dry so I might just get another one of those for $350.00. The blue Aerostitch looks cool as can be though. Anything but black..(it's so last Tuesday)
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 04:47 AM   #25
Buzglyd
Founding Member

It reminds me of an old "King of the Hill" episode where Bobby is embarrassed because he has to wear extra large clothes.

He then gets a modeling gig for "husky" clothes and is proud to report that he had been wearing the wrong size all these years. He's really a medium.
Old 07-17-2004, 04:52 AM   #26
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Default No they don't

What test? No data, no photos, no methodology. This wasn't "kinda" a physics experiment as they claimed, it was B.S.

There are sereral very good reasons I and every other racer in the world wear a nice thick leather1-piece suit and all race associations require them. Superior abrasion resistance is only one of those reasons. I like all of my textile combos for touring simply because they are more versitile for off-track riding but they are one low speed crash away from obsolesence . I wouldn't dream of wearing them on the track.

sbp
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 05:41 AM   #27
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Default Re: i respectfully disagree

Well said.
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 06:14 AM   #28
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I never figured out how to get my arm chaps over the sleeves.
Old 07-17-2004, 06:21 AM   #29
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Johnny is on your A$$

EB, Johnny is really giving you crap. You didn't have the audacity to diss Clinton. did ya? Possibly defend something Bush did maybe? Those are the only 2 things I know that would get him on your butt this bad. Fess up!
Old 07-17-2004, 06:53 AM   #30
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Armchaps are such a well thought out piece of safety equipment (and stylish to boot!) that they render the Roadcrafter superfluous.

Cast the 'stich to the side and ride with your fringe flinging proudly!