Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-16-2004, 01:55 PM   #11
Betamax
Founding Member

Default I just crashed in my 'stich and...

It did it's job and held up pretty well.

I low-sided and slid on the apshalt for about 80 feet and the suit protected me perfectly. I was very happy with it's protective qualities.

However, there were holes worn in the ballistics (the heavy-duty cordura patches) on both elbows and one knee. and I had to send the suit in for repairs. Probably cost about $200 to repair it.

The 'stich isn't cheap, but if I had a different synthetic suit I'd probably just have to throw it out and buy a new one. So the 'stich is a good deal, even at the premium price.

However, my accident made it clear to me that the 'stich is not as abrasion-resistant as leather. My leather suit probably would have just been scuffed rather than holes worn through.

But, for me, the 'stich works well enough and offers excellent protection, combined with being more water-proof and versatile in varying temperatures than leather, plus it allows me to commute with work clothes underneath.

So the 'stich is still a keeper. Add an Aerostich heated vest and you can ride anywhere, in practically any conditions, in comfort and safety.

Also --- I bought the two-piece suit, with black pants and hi-viz yellow jacket. It's visible, but it attracts road-grime like EBass on a cruiser attracts trailer-park *****s. (i.e. it gets dirty quick. If that bothers you, don't buy hi-viz.)
Betamax is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-16-2004, 02:01 PM   #12
roja_dude
Founding Member

Default KPaul, you got a ticket

How fast were you going? Was it for pulling a crazy wheelie through an intersection or what? You know the MOrons around here expect such big things from you!
roja_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 02:38 PM   #15
F451
Founding Member

Default eBass - Male Model

I fear that with all the male modeling eBass is doing we are certain to lose him to his windfall of modeling money. Talk is that he's looking for a residence in Brentwood. Oh well...bling, bling. Hey, didn't Russell Mitchell do the same gig?
F451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 02:49 PM   #16
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default A QUERY

Mr. Ebass, when ordering helmets, do you say I MUST HAVE THE GEEKIEST THING IN YOUR LINE!?

bwahahahahahahaaaaaaahahahaaaaa... you look like Top Box Man from Bike when it used to be good.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 02:59 PM   #17
ewok1
Founding Member

Default i respectfully disagree

abrasion resistance at all speeds is much better with leather. i don't think anybody would debate that. that is why racers don't use textile. i think i get your point.

it may not be much of an issue at low speeds. i don't even know how to assess that point since i don't think odds are what counts when a clearly superior alternative exists.

the suits are good. i don't mean to diss the suits.

but nothing beats a ce protected leather suit right now. having suffered some high speed race crashes and being literally saved by my equipment, i always wear leather on the street too. like everything else it depends on your tolerance for risk imo.

i agree. i have seen textile on the track. most organizations allow it. i wouldn't do it. not on a bet. too much can happen too fast. it makes me shudder.
ewok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 03:19 PM   #18
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: i respectfully disagree

I have no data to back me up, but Riderwearhouse does. Check out their "tested on the rack" feature, which claims their material is more abrasion resistant than leather.

http://www.aerostich.com/isroot/ride...es/tested.html

Old 07-16-2004, 03:21 PM   #19
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: eBass - Male Model

Can we start calling him "Zoolander"? Even better, can we get him and Kpaul to breakdance fight, or have a walk-off?
Old 07-16-2004, 03:54 PM   #20
F451
Founding Member

Default Re: eBass - Male Model

Not bad, not bad at all, but Mike Myers is casting him as Mini-Me who is now grown up to be -- Maxi-Me -- in the next Austin Powers. KPaul is being cast as the "political villain" Ivana Beycha, who is afflicted with political dysfunction.
F451 is offline   Reply With Quote