Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   2004 Husqvarna SM450R (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/2445-2004-husqvarna-sm450r.html)

Buzglyd 07-10-2004 10:22 AM

Re: Sissy

I'm willing to do it in the interest of science.

seruzawa 07-10-2004 10:23 AM

Re: Big Commute

I used to live there. Grew up on Imperial and Western in the 50's. But I escaped liberofascistville in '82.

I still go down there often to visit family. I bring my bike usually and do Tujunga to Wightville, PV to Topanga, etc.

I stay away from the Rock Store, though. Is it still all Rubs and Squids?

SeanAlexander 07-10-2004 04:27 PM

Re: Big Commute

Seriously.... next time you are in the LA/South Bay/Torrance/PV area, you need to email us so that you can come take a MO tour and perhaps a quick ride with us. -Sean (The Editor with the mouse in his pocket)

seruzawa 07-11-2004 03:20 AM

Re: Stirt Bikes

Parachute rigger, eh? I'll bet those flying officers were reeeaaaal nice to you.

busa99999 07-11-2004 10:37 AM

Re: 2004 Husqvarna SM450R

I love it whenever a KTM Duke is mentioned You should ride it back to backI would bet the smr is a little less usable. Husky should bring in the 620sms.

kowalke67 07-11-2004 07:19 PM

Re: 2004 Husqvarna SM450R

I have this same kind of fun on a Suzuki DRZ400S. I thought I was crazy for buying a trail bike living in the city but turns out the city streets may be the perfect environment for these things. Chicago doesn't consider a pothole less than six inches deep worthy of marking to warn drivers. ItÂ’s great for terrorizing the pigeons too.

mscuddy 07-12-2004 08:28 AM

Re: Rigged

Yes, didn't was to ***** off your rigger. Might find something special in your oxygen mask at the least likely moment. Like Kiwi Black shoe polish. Leaves a nice ring.

mscuddy 07-12-2004 08:40 AM

Re: Stirt Bikes

Shipmate!

Yep, still got my Indy hat, and belt buckle.

Remember, Med Cruise '77, when we got stuck in that storm in the North Atlantic? Lost two A-6 Intruders. Tore 50 foot of catwalk off the deck, and cracked the hull on the port side, just aft of the first mess deck, up forward? You could crack the hatch, and see lockers and ***** floating around, in the flooded compartments.

We were down to one condenser after that, water hours...Hee haw. And the fresh water/fuel tanks cracked, and all the JP5 got into the fresh water, for the rest of the cruise. Stunk like kerosene for about 6 months.

They just put the Indy down. She's mothballed up in Bremerton.

I lived in some trailer park in VA beach, when we were "on the beach". Remember the "Branding Iron" (squid bar)?

mscuddy 07-12-2004 08:45 AM

Re: 45.70

Oooh, is it an old Trapdoor, or a new lever action, like the big Marlin?

mscuddy 07-12-2004 08:58 AM

Re: Schlock Store

Yes, posuers and big squids.

I haven't been there since the 1000cc disaster back a few months ago. The locals are trying to get it shut down, what with all the nit-wits on weekends.

Last time I hung out at the Rock Store was in the early 80's, and it was a zoo, even back then. I still have a scar on my leg from some dolt eating it in the old parking area, and sliding into me. Made me spill my beer.