Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-06-2004, 07:11 AM   #31
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley V-Rod vs. Victory Kingpin

Good review Ebass and Fonzie. I like the inserted comment method to clarify the autors descriptions.

I would like to see sport/touring rig made with the Vrod motor. The motor is sweet, but the ergos on the Vrod suck!(IMHO). I might have to start checking out Victory, their bike keep getting good reviews. I just wish I liked cruiser/retro styled bikes better. They just don't do nothing for me style wise, or riding (wise).
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-06-2004, 07:35 AM   #32
SilverBullet
Founding Member

Default V-Rod not so bad for a long trip

I took my V-Rod from Baltimore to Memphis the summer of last year. I did the (aprox) 1,000 miles in one day and had fun the whole way.

The touring windshield generated too much turbulence around my head so I removed it, the bags I had were the same as in this test but I also had the passenger backrest and a small luggage rack (for an extra bag). The seat I had on was not the sundowner (that makes the bike look too chubby) but the custom seat from the H-D catalog (slimmer but very comfortable).

True, I had to stop about every 100 miles for fuel, but since I wasn't on any kind of a rush that was nice... and every gas station had someone who wanted to talk to me about the bike or the trip.

I wasn't sore at all... except from smiling all the way to Elvisville.

Would I have been more comfortable on a bigger bike? Probably. And I would have had to stop a lot less often for gas too, but I would not have had such a good time I bet.
SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 07:35 AM   #33
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Harley V-Rod vs. Victory Kingpin

I'm surprised that you didn't simply pull out the duct tape and baling wire that any real Harley owner carries at all times and rig up a hanger for the Vrod's key.

Anyhow, pretty clever of Ebass to think of this comparo and also good persistence in convincing King Sean and the distributors to go along with it.

However we all know that it really was all a smoke screen thought up simply to ***** more time on the VRod. Kudos for a successful operation. If he'd run Iran/Contra they'd have never been caught.

Next is for Ebass to convince them that he needs a VRod for a year's longterm test. You know, to check out its reliability. All in the interest of science. It'd be tough but somebody's gotta do it.
Old 07-06-2004, 07:44 AM   #34
ebass
Founding Member

Default Shhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Nobody likes a rat Seruzawa
ebass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 08:28 AM   #40
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Documentary? Big Deal

The ends justify the means, eh?

You have just admitted being a lying propagandist. Since a republic or a democracy can only operate successfully if the people have accurate information, people like you who deal in propaganda lies are a worse enemy to our republic than any Osama or Hussein. Your willingness to use lies to achieve political aims demonstrates your arrogant fascist belief that people are too stupid to be trusted with the vote. This is why your whining about Bush "stealing the election" (another lie) is so self-contradictory.

Why don't you move to France? You'd fit right in. They like quisling Americans there. You can be one of these trained dog expatriates who hang around foreign nations, earning your keep by barking how much you hate America in exchange for table craps.

Back to ignore mode.