Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-07-2004, 08:18 AM   #112
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: Elections for Dummies

So the electoral vote from Florida alone voted Bush in, and not all those other states where he soundly defeated Gore?
Old 07-07-2004, 08:27 AM   #114
ewok1
Founding Member

Default Re: Already reviewed it...

yeah i read it and it was really good writing. my review would just draw a bunch of critical response. in fact your review is why i had any interest in the bike at all. then i rode it. it was exactly what i wanted. if you are still reading this, i have yet another plea. i would love to know how stuff like power commanders affect different bikes. have you guys done much in the way of performance upgrade reviews?
ewok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 08:34 AM   #115
Neal
Founding Member

Default Re: Willie G, you listening?

Im an EGlide owner who would be interested in a VROD based tourer but it would be more than just put the VROD motor in a touring chassis. I would think a VROD based motor with a larger displacement(1500 cc?) and cammed to provide more low end grunt could be easily developed to make a nice toutrng motor. i thought the "new motor"HD had been promising for years was going to be a water cooled OHV motor and planned to buy a 2003 dresser but was very disappointed when HD gave us the Twin Cam....a nice motor but still not the modern motor I wanted.A VROD based tourer would fit my bill.I wont buy another new Harley until they build one. However,Im not sure the average HD rider would support such a bike . An old time HD guy who used to work for the Factory in the **** OBrien days and now builds the occasional motor for vintage racing claims that his contacts say HD is working on just such a bike,but Im not holding my breath.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 08:43 AM   #116
Neal
Founding Member

Default Re: Ness is a genius

I think HD planned to do just such a thing(create a n entire family of bikes around the revolution motor) but the luke warm reception of the VROD might have delayed their plans.Problem is,HD cant base their decisions around people like you who MIGHT buy a Harley someday but probably wont;they want to lure some of that crowd over but have to satisfy at least a significant number of the Harley faithful. So far most of THAT crowd(me and Big james excepted) just aint interested.Nonetheless,I continue to hope....Im sure it will happen eventually,just not sure how soon......maybe 05?!! Dont think so but Im hoping.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 09:02 AM   #117
Nplateau
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley V-Rod vs. Victory Kingpin

I have no respect for you Captainsaveaho. You are an imbecile. Don't even reply. I won't look at it.
Nplateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 09:09 AM   #118
Winger4Life
Founding Member

or how about the annual comparo of the GL1800 and the K1200 LT? The Beemer has a ton of updates and could reclaim the title...
Winger4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 09:11 AM   #119
Winger4Life
Founding Member

what i really want to see is the V-Max versus the Rocket III!!!!!
Winger4Life is offline   Reply With Quote