Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-03-2004, 08:17 AM   #31
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default Re: harumph...

just putting the DISCLAIMER out there in case anybody did take it that way, bassmaster. U know how people are.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2004, 08:36 AM   #32
tonyharrah
Founding Member

Default EBass-One BIG problem w/ story...

...you didn't get laid! Aren't you supposed to get a little somethin'somethin' in each episode? There's certainly not a shortage of decent women in CA. Maybe the Harley didn't make them swoon. Next time, try riding a shiny new literbike while in shorts, sandals, and a t-shirt. OH!--and a backwards baseball cap for head protection (you can't be too careful on a motorcycle). From what I've seen, women either like one or the other. It's not your fault--you were just using the wrong bait.
tonyharrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 08:37 AM   #33
sarnali
Founding Member

I thought it was a great artical, well written, mildly amusing and informative. I prefer a good single malt Scotch to some overpriced Cali-plonk myself but we all have our opinions. I noticed you're wearing the official Steven Taylor Replica Fox Creek Kinda' Sporty Jacket...good choice.

A panty-fling with the bosses wife sounds like fun, though sadly my boss's wife is old enough to be my mother. Boiling the pet rabbit is so much more direct than the old dogs head in the mailbox ploy. Trust a skilled proffesional like JB to raise the bar once again.

Thanks for an interesting read, you do need to get a better helmet though, that and the chaps are just not working
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 08:38 AM   #34
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Since when, in the last 1000 or so days, have the facts mattered?

I dunno -- disclaimers are starting to seem pretty common too.
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 09:08 AM   #35
sjtheil
Founding Member

Default Re: EBass - Napa Valley Tour

That was very professional and I clearly was being an *******. I apologize; I just really want to like the site. Omit needless words, omit needless words, omit needless words,

SJT
sjtheil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 11:46 AM   #36
dnlwthrn
Founding Member

I understand your feeling, and agree to some extent. But at the same time, I kind of like the writing style here, in the sense that it is totally different from what you find in the print rags.

dnlwthrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 11:48 AM   #37
dnlwthrn
Founding Member

Agreed!

oh, and another thing... I need to get out to your Cali roads. I realized the other day that I have to ride almost an hour to find anything resembling twisties....

dnlwthrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 12:00 PM   #38
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

All the naysayers on this site should pay attention to your post. It's the only one I've ever seen from the complainers that actually attempts to suggest ways to improve instead of chanting the "this site sucks" mantra.
Old 06-03-2004, 12:54 PM   #39
ebass
Founding Member

And SBP, you became an authority on canyons as a denizen of that famous canyon cradle... Idaho? Rrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiight
ebass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 01:39 PM   #40
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

Another great article, Eric. Really good stuff.

From your description of the bucolic landscape to your longing for Groth, it really worked.

Truth is, halfway through the story I was anxious for you to get to the wine so I could savor it via your prose.

In fact, if I had to critique your story, I would say, "Damnit, what about the wine?" Now I'm thirsty!
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote