Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 05-29-2004, 04:53 AM   #11
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Add your own classic Triumph mystique.

I was up at I-90 Motorsports getting an oil filter when they unloaded their first one a few weeks ago, so I got to check it out pretty good.

I think Triumph really hit it with this one, It's pretty much what I remember my dad and his friends riding back then, except for the oil drops, smoke and Belstaff jacket full of zenier diodes. Pure eye candy to an aging Cafe` Racer like me

For a second bike I'll probably still get A Thunderbird Sport, Speed Triple or standard Bonny as the Thruxton is tiny and I'm not, but this is a real beauty and cheap at twice the price.

Hopefully the Japanese won't jump on this bandwagon
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-29-2004, 05:05 AM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: A few answers

The old Bonneville was decidedly undersquare with an 82mm stroke vs the 68mm stroke of the new one. As I recall the old Bonnie generally redlined at around 6500rpm. If the new one is running out of oomph at 6500 then there should be a lot more potential since the shorter stroke engine should spin much faster safely. How long before aftermarket cams come out, I wonder.
Old 05-29-2004, 09:10 AM   #13
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 Triumph Thruxton 900

I love the looks of this bike, and would consider it for a 2nd or C bike. But, like Yossef (in height, not skill) I think this bike might be a little small for my dailly ride.

Props to Triumph for making unique sport bikes, at a competative price.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 10:51 AM   #14
zelatore
Registered Member

I believe Triumph has introduced 'off road' pipes along with the bike and they should be available for order down at your local dealer as we speak.

Of course, I haven't actually tried to order a set myself so don't hold me to that.

zelatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 11:42 AM   #15
f4ik9
Founding Member

Cool. No, don't worry you haven't put me off. I'm only 5'9" (it's good ta be da average height) so just about any bike made nowadays is comfortable to me. I'm not in it just for the '60's experience, I think they are beauts just the way they are. Thanks for a great review, but where is the crash footage? I'm so used to seeing you part one out I thought it was de rigeur.
f4ik9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 11:45 AM   #16
f4ik9
Founding Member

Thanks for the suggestions but If I was that much into it I'd just buy a Harley.
Old 05-29-2004, 11:48 AM   #17
f4ik9
Founding Member

That was for the faux nostalgia remarks.
Old 05-29-2004, 01:48 PM   #18
Hipshot
Registered Member

As a veteran of the "old days", you know, one Bonny and two extra sets of jugs, I am naturally attracted to an obvious britbike with good metal and electrics and no leaks. But, I would sincerely hate being embarassed by Jap beginner bikes and old Sporsters. Now, if Mr. Bloor could see his way clear to provide, at extra cost of course, a kit that would provide what that 900 should be capable of, say, another 20 HP or so, I could be interested.
Hipshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 02:57 PM   #19
obandoj
Founding Member

Have you ever flogged an EX500 Ninja? I don't think so! It will smoke and out handle that Triumph, now I'm not a great fan of Kawasakis, but those things are fast and handle well, go to any club racing meet and you will see.
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 03:01 PM   #20
obandoj
Founding Member

Default Re: A poor man's Vincent? Nice review Yossef

kpaul, you have been doing too much Enzite, not that there is anything wrong with that!

Ask johnnyb

obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote