Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 05-27-2004, 08:03 AM   #81
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default Re: How-To Change Your Oil

bikes have oil? u mean like in a car? wow. Anybody ever fill up their big block chevy with like 3 fresh qts before looking down at the floor and noticing you forgot to put the drain plug back in? Anybody besides me?
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-27-2004, 08:14 AM   #82
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Default Re: How not To Change Your Oil

You've got that right. The Fairlady's were among the coolest classic sports cars ever. I think that the appearance of the SP2 and SP3 Fairlady's really upped the ante in that era for what you should be able to expect from a two-seater. I put 'em up there with the Austin Healy Mark III's.
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 08:33 AM   #83
nokneedragin
Founding Member

These guys need a hobby (other than destroying bikes)

What are they some rich young punks who want daddy to buy them a new bike.

"I don't know what happened to the bike, Pa. It just sarted runnin' like sh!t. But a new GSXR thou only goes for 10 large. Thanks DAd!"
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 08:59 AM   #84
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

No, but at about 3:30 this morning with my son howling at the top of his lungs back in the bedroom, I poured a half gallon of milk into a bottle without an insert. Does that count?
Old 05-27-2004, 09:41 AM   #85
Buzglyd
Founding Member

That's what you get for reproducing at your advanced age.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 10:12 AM   #86
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Default Yes, in high scholl auto shop

Another neat trick. I was helping a buddy replace the front disk brakes on his celica. We lossened the lug nuts, put the car up on jacks. pulled the driver side wheel off. Had a b!tch of a time getting the calipers to push in. Ran out of time, he had to get to work. Put everthing back together droped the car off the jacks. tightened the Drivers side lug nut all the way up, and off he went.

5 miles down the road he watched the pasenger side front wheel shoot ahead of his car. We forgot to tighten the lug nuts down after losening them.

oops.

We can laugh about it now.

Ha, Ha sob. new brake rotor.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 10:24 AM   #87
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Dood I had no choice. When I got to figuring out the accumulation of people I've pissed-off up here over the years it was a pretty big number. It kinda scared me. So I got the idea to grow me a ninja for protection. Little bugger already goes out and throws rocks at Turbo so I think that my back will be covered during my retirement years.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

http://www.physics.isu.edu/~hackmart/askturbo.htm
Old 05-28-2004, 02:12 AM   #88
IceWorm
Registered Member

Default Chevy Van

Old full size Chevy vans have this long oil filler tube about 1 inch in diameter that snakes down from under the hood to the right valve cover. A very tight fitting rubber plug lives at the filling end of the tube. Ok, so I am changing the oil in the old guzzler, drain dirty oil, remove and replace filter, replace drain plug, pour dirty oil contents from pan into old cat litter container for disposal. Now I am ready to add 5 fresh quarts to aforementioned filler tube. I tug and tug on that damn tight rubber plug and finally is comes free. With the residue of last night's barley pop circulating in my brain I failed to notice that I the filler tube also came free of the valve cover. In go the first four quarts and then I check the dip stick to see where the level is. Hmmmmmm, no level, what the flubber? Picture a big dip stick holding a small dip stick. I slowly bend over to have a look under the van and my suspicions are confirmed. Good thing I have cats.
IceWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 03:27 AM   #89
SRMark
Founding Member

Right next to the Pontiac Ass-tech
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 03:38 AM   #90
SRMark
Founding Member

Default Re: Chevy Van

You used the cats to mop up the oil? I don't like cats but even I think that's a bit cruel. At least it was fresh oil.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote