Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 05-22-2004, 12:07 PM   #31
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

Default Kevlar

Nice review, Eric: good info and excellent prose.</p>

Folks have mentioned Kevlar. Here's a company that seems to have a very good kevlar product: Motoport (formerly known as Cycleport).
Here's a quote from their website...</p>
<blockquote>Kevlar is the strongest fiber known to man. Kevlar is made by Dupont and for apparel use comes in a thread form. In a pure weave Kevlar does not stretch and is not suitable for use in motorcycle apparel where abrasion is important. Cycleport makes suits from a Kevlar/Cordura/lycra weave. this specially blended Kevlar material meets and surpasses all requirements for motorcycle apparel. Cycleport's Kevlar suits are the only synthetic apparel approved by the F.I.M., the A.M.A., the W.E.R.A. and many other racing organizations.</blockquote>
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-22-2004, 12:52 PM   #32
Nplateau
Founding Member

Default Re: Kevlar

Wow! Thanks, that's really great stuff!
Nplateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 03:06 PM   #33
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Default Re: Kevlar

Steven,

I don't know if MO mail is working so email me when you get a chance.

regards

mhh
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 05:00 PM   #34
F451
Founding Member

Default Capri Pants?

At the very least (since there are no feMole models) MOeBass could have at least paraded around in the black with white poka dot capri pant style.

Jeans: Weak link as the denim material will always be the weakest point and the more one seasons the pant the more likely they will disintegration whilst sliding; sure the Kevlar will be fine, but what good is it when the rest of the pant is not there to hold it in place?

Unlined denier: Oh yeah I love the thought of my leg hairs (no I don't shave my legs like eBass) being pulled as they do occasionally by the elastic in my underwear (no I don't wear boxers like eBass either).

Kevlar shirt: Fire! Fire! Oh yeah embedded skin embers of patented Kevlar fibers is no substitute for a good suntan should you go down and flames arise.

Good ol' leather: Smells good, feels good, looks good, is good. Got leather?
F451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 07:37 PM   #36
tonyharrah
Founding Member

Default Re: Tony, you ignorant Montana hick.

Alright, douche nozzle, Seattle is not the only place on earth with traffic. Now, I know you can't spell or complete very many sentences in a row, but you ought to be able to handle the traffic. I've ridden in Seattle, Portland, and San Fran and the worst drivers I have EVER seen still reside in Montana and Wyoming (note: I said the worst drivers I have ever seen. Not necessarily the worst drivers ANYBODY has ever seen). I know this is anecdotal (Kpoontang, reach for that dictionary), but a friend of mine rode in L.A. for twenty years and moved to Montana and told me he's more scared to ride in Missoula than SoCal. Up here, some people (I'm from Sacremento--so much for the hick thing, you illiterate ***** ***** *****, *****-*****) learn to drive on farms. They don't look, signal, or act rationally. You drive in a large city where people--mostly--know what the hell they're doing. Motorcycle prophet (sorry, Kpaul, profett)?--Yeah, right.

Oh, you said 'IDIOT' hick. I have to say I'm impressed you spelled it correctly. You've truly out-done yourself.

And as for "get out more you hick," you put up half the posts on this site!--and they're all crap: 1.'Thanks, I never thought of it that way' 2.'I completely agree' 3.'I guess I never thought of it that way.' KEEP YOUR INNER MONOLOGUE TO YOURSELF! NO ONE HERE GIVES A DAMN! How, honestly, do you have time to work at that ultra-lucrative engineering job--let alone, ride? And, seriously, if that job was so good, wouldn't they want somebody with 'good communication skills?' I've seen your work here.

Sorry for the late come-back. I haven't exactly been scared--I've been ***** riding!

K*****, exactly how many extra chromosomes do you have?

-Tony

04 ZX6R

03 BMW F650GS
tonyharrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 07:38 PM   #37
tonyharrah
Founding Member

Default Re: Great advice thanks much scott

Like anyone cares.
Old 05-22-2004, 07:38 PM   #38
tonyharrah
Founding Member

Default Re: Thanks

AGAIN--Like anyone cares.
Old 05-22-2004, 07:39 PM   #39
tonyharrah
Founding Member

Default Re: KPaul looking for cool jeans

...do I even need to say it?
Old 05-22-2004, 08:20 PM   #40
dylanmo
Founding Member

Default Re: KPaul looking for cool jeans

You might need to say it. Look at what you're up against.
dylanmo is offline   Reply With Quote