Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 05-17-2004, 02:19 AM   #41
mile_eater
Founding Member

Default Re: 2005 BMW R 1200 GS

Neal Peart wrote a book called "Ghost Rider". He takes a 1150GS from the arctic circle to Bolivia and back.

There is something romantic about a bike that you can take anywhere. You feel prepared. You feel capable. Some people really love that.

But mostly, these bikes are designed for people who may have to ride through Michigan, which is known to have roads worse than Mexico.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-17-2004, 02:22 AM   #42
mile_eater
Founding Member

I love this class. I can't decide for sure if it will be my next purchase or not, as I also think the zx-9 has to be the greatest sport-tourer ever made... but I digress...

I love all your dual-sport articles boys. I've read and re-read them. A new adventure comparo? I for one shall anticipate it more than even the super-sport shootout.
Old 05-17-2004, 02:26 AM   #43
mile_eater
Founding Member

Oh, and one more thing...

Kudos to BMW. It's refreshing to see a company go out of its way to back up the claims it makes about its bike.

They say it's comfy for the long haul, then take you on a long haul to prove it. They say you can play in the dirt, and then take you to play in the dirt.

Also good to see they don't get their panties wadded up over a fair review that went the other way.

Sig Heil!

Old 05-17-2004, 05:29 AM   #44
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: Earth to BMW4VWW

It is sort an inverse ratio situation. The more these jokers pretend to know the more they expose their ignorance. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 05:47 AM   #46
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Earth to BMW4VWW

If you take the time to look, you'll see at least 75% of his drivel is links to off-topic websites or political bulls**t, another 20% is gratuitus slams against you or longride and anyone else who disagrees with him. I'm being generous here, but I'd say maybe 5 % have something pertaining to any actual riding experiance he may have.

It is kinda' funny watching the crosshairs swing from you to bmw4vww to pdaddy to buz to longride and back.......
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 05:52 AM   #47
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: 2005 BMW R 1200 GS - wiener schitzel

I would have assumed he was exploring his feminine side, then laughed.
Old 05-17-2004, 05:54 AM   #48
sarnali
Founding Member

Plus the BMW would be telling your Italian bikes what to do.
Old 05-17-2004, 08:13 AM   #49
seruzawa
The Toad

Really? I bet that you'd still hate trying to commute to work on a '65 BSA Lighting 650, EFI and eletronic ignition included. It'd still be a one way trip. Or maybe only a 1/2 way trip. 1/3?

Are you one of those Luddites who accepts modern dentistry? That's the real way to tell an eco-wacko hypocrite. They are only against the technology they don't like. They seem to think that technology spontaneously appears in a vacuum. I especially love the guys and gals who drive around the University of Utah area with "Save the Planet" bumper stickers on their 4-Runners. Even funnier are the ones who drive their Monteros out in the desert near Moab and then complain about dirt bikes and ATVs